The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Tri-Color Succulents

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Trenching tomato plants| Next thread: trials/trumphs, »
Back to Thread index
by Amany on July 17, 2006 09:25 AM
Hi.

Does anyone know what tri-color succulents are? Where can I get some? A friend of mine told me that they are really nice, but I've never heard of them.
by Jiffymouse on July 17, 2006 02:42 PM
[dunno] i've never heard of them either... maybe angelblossom or margaret pell will know.
by Triss on July 17, 2006 02:51 PM
I have tri colored sedum in my garden right now. I just went to take a picture but the pink in them is very hard to see in the pictures as it is just tipped along the edges.

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by margaret e. pell on July 17, 2006 05:41 PM
This is a hard question since 'succulents' are a large variety of water-storing plants, and 'tri-color' describes any of those plants with three colors, usually green, white or cream, and pink or reddish. Can you tell us any more about what you have in mind? I have an aloe and a hoya, and Triss has a sedum that so far answer your question. I can think of some low, rosetting types, probably echiverias, or even some aeonium, that might suit. These plants are very different, with very different growth styles. What are you thinking of?

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!
by Amany on July 18, 2006 12:07 AM
I'm not really sure. My friend emailed me that he was looking for some and was really looking hard for them. I thought maybe it was a type of succulent. I told him I'd never heard of it, but he never got back to me.
by angelblossom on July 18, 2006 04:56 PM
Amany----- I have a tricolor till and airplant- requires so soil / then there is tricolo bromalaids Find out what family of succulant

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -
by cinta on July 19, 2006 12:29 PM
Since I see you live in a cold zone. Is he looking for this plant to grow outside in the garden. If so he is probably looking for Sedum spurium 'Tricolor'. It is more like a ground cover spreading sedum.

Do a internet search on that name. I can give you a good source to purchase if that is what he is looking for PM me and I will give you a good site.

There is another new Sedum that is gorgeous that is also good in our zone but it is a little costly now because it is new. That one is...

Sedum Samuel Oliphant It is a tri-color the height of and form like Autumn Joy but the leaves are beautiful green/white/pink.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/audwoman/

If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain!!
by Amany on July 19, 2006 12:41 PM
Thanks a lot Cinta. I'll PM you when I hear back from him.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Trenching tomato plants| Next thread: trials/trumphs, »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: