The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Aloe hybrid 'California'??

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Aloe help needed!| Next thread: Aloe juvenna »
Back to Thread index
by NewtothePot on May 17, 2006 03:24 PM
I have just bought a new set of plants, and got a plant I believed to be an aloe. It looks like one, and I think it is the kind that reproduces a lot. But when I got home, I'm not so sure. Will it have the same effects as a normal aloe? The tag says CALIFORNIA, Aloe, hybrid 'California'. Can anyone tell me what this is, and how it relates to the normal aloe?

Here is a link to what it looks like. I can't find my camera now, but I found a pic on the internet. Help!

California Aloe
by JV on May 17, 2006 09:08 PM
Newtothepot: I am no expert on Aloes' although I have some but I have seen Aloes that look like the one in your photo. Seems like they get big but may be thinking of something else. You need to grab Tina (jonnie13) she is pretty sharp on things like that and lives in Southern Cal. bet she can tell you what you need to know. We haven't met before so welcome to the forum hope you enjoy it here.

-
 -
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says.
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by NewtothePot on May 18, 2006 08:33 AM
Thanks, I LOVE this place. I'll try pm'ing her to see if she could help me. Thanks!
by NewtothePot on May 18, 2006 08:44 AM
I have tried to PM her, but can't find a post of hers or a link to PM her. Could you help me? Pretty please with spices on top? Thanks!
by JV on May 18, 2006 07:55 PM
go to Organically speaking she has a post called my worm bin click and you can find her PM box there.

-
 -
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says.
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by jonni13 on May 19, 2006 03:15 AM
Hello, I am not the expert that Jimmy makes me out to be. I do live in Cal. I do have lot's of aloes, including one that looks like yours.
I'm not sure what kind of 'effects' you are looking for from your aloe. If it is as a medicinal for burns and skin irritations, then Yes, I think your aloe will be nearly as effective as A. vera.

~Tina
 -
 -
 -
Getting old is the pits. But it sure beats the alternative. My Blog
by NewtothePot on May 19, 2006 08:22 AM
Cool, thats what I wanted to know. Thanks Tina!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Aloe help needed!| Next thread: Aloe juvenna »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: