The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Soft Yucca Plant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Soapy washes?| Next thread: Softwood Cuttings »
Back to Thread index
by JV on April 16, 2006 07:00 AM
This Yucca was here when I bought this place have cut it back to ground every year and gave it away. By spring this is what I have was told by a Landscape "expert" it is a soft yucca. It is only about 4 foot tall right now.
 -
Jimmy

-
 -
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says.
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by afgreyparrot on April 16, 2006 10:51 PM
Those are big! [shocked]
The other day when Brennan was here I was discussing with him about trying to dig the yucca up...again. He said "We dug it up last year!" I told him the roots obviously went all the way to China, and he said, "I bet someone in China is really mad at you then!" [Big Grin]

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by JV on April 17, 2006 12:51 AM
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] In that case they are mad at a bunch of us then.
Jimmy

-
 -
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by tkhooper on April 17, 2006 05:37 AM
Hi Jimmy,

Did you mentioned earlier that your mom used to make soap from the root of the yucca? If so, would you happen to have the recipe? I love collecting bits of information like that and would love to have it.

The other week I was watching a television program about making buckskin. Unfortunately I couldn't write as fast as they could talk so I didn't get all the steps written down.

-
 -
by JV on April 18, 2006 10:31 AM
Tammy I don't ahve one will tgry and find one for you. Dusty makes Buckskin breeches and stuff maybe she could help you on that. Need to see if she will make me some mocs. slip ons as well as knee length for brush.
Jimmy

-
 -
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by tkhooper on April 18, 2006 07:32 PM
Thanks JV,

I'm trying to get you some coleus seeds. Haven't been successful yet but I'm working on it.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Soapy washes?| Next thread: Softwood Cuttings »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: