The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Faded green/yellowing Rose Bushes

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: facial masks| Next thread: Fairy roses »
Back to Thread index
by Powderhunter on June 25, 2006 12:24 PM
Any ideas what would be causing this? I think I'm watering them enough, however I'm not sure what yellowing/fading green leaves/steams means. Does this color indicate they're in dire need of fertilizer? Any of you rose experts advice would be great. Thanks.

Patrick
by Powderhunter on June 26, 2006 10:31 AM
Anyone? [dunno]
by Longy on June 26, 2006 11:11 AM
There are many reasons why plant leaves lose colour and go yellow. It could be a deficiency, so fertilizing may be required, it could be a pest such as red spider mite. It could be a problem with drainage or too much water, or the soil Ph could be out.
When did you last give them a feed? How long have they been in that spot? Did they grow OK last year? Is it the older leaves, younger leaves or all the plant? Are the growth tips browning off? CAn you take a foto?

-
The secret is the soil.
by Powderhunter on June 29, 2006 02:18 PM
Here are some pictures of the rose bushes. They took off so well, but have been floundering now. I've only given them one feeding of vertilizer this year. I think the watering is okay. They are one year old and grew well last year. Let me know what you think. I'm going to give them some fertilizer this weekend. We'll see what happens. Thanks a bunch.

-

-

-
by kyjoy on June 30, 2006 05:58 AM
They could be getting too much water.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: facial masks| Next thread: Fairy roses »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: