The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

san pedro cacti

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: samuel holland roses.| Next thread: Sand Cherries »
Back to Thread index
by medeamoonunit on March 20, 2006 02:06 AM
I just bought some san pedro cactus seeds and I was wondering if anyone had pointers. I'm going to be growing them indoors (I live in NY,so outdoors is a no go)also if anyone can suggest some other unique cacti I'm interested
by margaret e. pell on March 20, 2006 06:02 AM
You can get seed for more cacti than anyone ever knew existed at www.mesagarden.com People with pointers have put them in:
Growing Cactus from seed, any one been succesfull? about three topics down. I'm also in NY and have had success growing cacti from seed. They just start out growing VERY slowly, but they do grow. San Pedro cactus, aka Echinopsis Pachanoi, will wind up at 10 to 20 feet tall, so I hope you (a/o your grandchildren) have high ceilings!

-

may God bless the WHOLE world!
by FRITO on March 23, 2006 08:48 AM
quote:
Originally posted by medeamoonunit:
I just bought some san pedro cactus seeds and I was wondering if anyone had pointers. I'm going to be growing them indoors (I live in NY,so outdoors is a no go)also if anyone can suggest some other unique cacti I'm interested
Hi, I just planted about 50 or so san pedro (Trichocereus pachanoi). I hope to get a good germination rate. I also have about 75 peruvian torch (richocereus peruvianus) planted also with about 25 more to do.

I have them in some cactus soil in mini domed greenhouses on some lamps. keeping the soil slightly moist. try to keep the tempurature near 75-85 degrees F to get them to germinate fast.

keep us updated on your progress.

Luke

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: samuel holland roses.| Next thread: Sand Cherries »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: