The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Rose bushes

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Rose bush dust etc.| Next thread: Rose Bushes »
Back to Thread index
by DAISYSMURF on June 05, 2005 07:56 AM
Several years ago i planted what i think is a prince rose bush. It has 2-4 ich blooms and smells really good. What has been good is the fact that it has been very hardy, surviving several ice storms, disease, and ignorant owner. I recently bought a miss all-american rose bush (the blooms are huge but smell funny, im hoping its some kind of pesticide the store used) and want to plant it next to the old one. What would be a good distance apart to plant them? Im thinking 2 feet to allow ample growing room and maybe room to plant a few bulbs.
by pcgrav on June 06, 2005 02:10 AM
[thumb] That's a good place to start but it needs to be the minimum...

-
 - Each day is a new beginning...What you begin is your choice.
 - The pleasure you receive from life is equal only to the attitude you put into it.
by DAISYSMURF on June 08, 2005 06:32 PM
I did 4 feet apart. Unfortunately the day after i planted it we got hit with a supercell and it got pounded with heavy rain(white on the radar) and light hail. I guess that'll be a good test for it! Any suggestions on helping it heal?
by pcgrav on June 09, 2005 12:00 AM
If it has any open "wounds" on the canes cover them with white glue. You know like elmer's. Just make sure its not the kind that washes away with water. Other than that I can't think of anything else to do except maybe carefully prune any broken limbs(growth) that might be present. Then just let nature take its course. A little MG according to directions might help the root system along. Or you might even try those feeding spikes, those are a little more convenient and constant... Good Luck.

-
 - Each day is a new beginning...What you begin is your choice.
 - The pleasure you receive from life is equal only to the attitude you put into it.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Rose bush dust etc.| Next thread: Rose Bushes »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: