The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Yellowing Lily

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Yellowing leaves| Next thread: yellowing morning glories »
Back to Thread index
by NCMtnSoap on June 22, 2006 02:49 PM
Hi all! A friend gave me some lily's (not sure of the variet) and the leaves are turning yellow. Any idea why? They are in full sun and have blooms that are getting ready to open, but I'm concerned that the plant is dying. Any help would be appreciated.

Angela
Carolina Mountain Soap Co.
Horse Shoe, NC
by The Plant Doc on June 23, 2006 12:50 AM
Did you just plant it in the ground? If so it may be experiencing some shock. This is pretty common with them.
We had just transplanted a bunch of day lilies about a month or so ago. The leaves all started drooping and turning yellow, and looked rather sick for a few weeks. Then very quickly they perked up and now they are pushing flower buds.

-
Mike Maier
aka
The Plant Doc
by netwiz on June 23, 2006 04:00 AM
Most of my daylilies did the same thing this year but still bloomed up a storm. I wouldn't worry if you see buds forming.

Joanne
by NCMtnSoap on June 23, 2006 05:19 AM
These are not daylilies, but another type of lily. They have been in the ground almost a month and have just started turning yellow. They are not a tiger lily........it may be an easter lily? If I can figure it out, I'll post a pic later today.
Hugs
Angela

Angela
Carolina Mountain Soap Co.
Horse Shoe, NC

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Yellowing leaves| Next thread: yellowing morning glories »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: