The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

hibiscus didn't weather the storm

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: hibiscus cuttings| Next thread: Hibiscus Growth »
Back to Thread index
by auntnene on June 05, 2005 02:58 AM
We've been having terrible storms; high winds, and rain. After this mornings storm, I went out to inspect the yard and found latice from around the deck had fallen over my hibiscus [Mad] It was about 4 foot tall and now it is flat on the ground. Is there any hope for it this year? any suggestions?

We needed the rain so I'm not fussing at mother nature. I just wish she would have been gentler.

[Smile]

Please God, make me as good as my cat thinks I am!
by JV on June 05, 2005 04:51 AM
auntnene I have had this happen to my Hib's a few times I check them out good and cut off any broken limbs and brace up any that need it, You can root your brokeb piece and get anther plant like the one you have. Make sure it is protected till it can heal a little make sure it does not get so wet it will get root rot and don't let it get too dry. I always add a little epson salt to help their little roots some. I have always had good luck doing this. I have about 40 Hib's counting my seedlings. Still looking for more. Can never have too many Hibiscus or Rose's. [Big Grin]
Jimmy

-
 -
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says.
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by auntnene on June 05, 2005 05:15 AM
I can root the broken pieces? How? Do I need to root them in water or just put them in the ground?

I staked what I could but I have three good sized broken stems. I planted the seed three years ago and this is the year it has been the healthiest. I have been waiting patiently for it to bloom and now this [Frown]

I appreciate your help on this.

( I looked at your photo's. You can send that little cocker spaniel my way [Smile]

Please God, make me as good as my cat thinks I am!
by JV on June 06, 2005 12:30 AM
I will pm you a link
Jimmy

-
 -
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says.
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: hibiscus cuttings| Next thread: Hibiscus Growth »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: