The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Can someboby tell me the name of this bush/shrub?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by white witch on May 26, 2006 01:40 AM
We were given this bush about 3 years ago. It was about 6 ft. tall when we got it. We planted it and it did well that year and last year. But this year, the whole top 5 ft. died and the bottom shoots have new leaves on it. I do have a picture of the leaves. The leaves are a varigated green with white edges, very showy. When the flowers bloomed last year they were little purple and white trumpet shaped flowers. Not purple and white on the same flower, but a puple one then a white one, then a purple one..etc. The bark on it is almost the same bark as an autumn olive bush. If you can help me i would appreciate it . Thank you.
by johnCT on May 26, 2006 02:26 AM
Can you post that picture?

John - Zone 6
by RugbyHukr on May 26, 2006 02:46 AM
weigela variegata ??

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash
by white witch on May 26, 2006 03:04 AM
That is it...Thank you so much...Weigela Flordia Variegata...I could never find any information on this bush...I am glad that you do stop to admire the colors...You certainly did help me...Thank you so much...Now I can see exactly what it needs so I can help it flourish...Thank You...Kim

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: