The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

epsom salts and rose bushes?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Epsom salts| Next thread: Epsom Salts for roses? »
Back to Thread index
by HOLLYHOCKGIRL on May 05, 2006 02:02 PM
Hello!

has anyone here heard that epsom salts is good for roses? If so, could you tell me how to use the Epsom salts properly? I bought some to use, but cannot find any information on how to use it properly so I don't harm the roses.

Thanks Again!
Hollyhockgirl [wavey]
by obywan59 on May 05, 2006 05:47 PM
I think maybe Weezie had some info on this.

-
Terry

May the force be with you
by weezie13 on May 06, 2006 02:54 AM
Hi Hollyhockgirl,
Here's some links from here, TGHF, that we've had some conversations on it.. gives you some tips about it in each one...
TGHF's Posts about Epsom Salt

For a quick run down on it, is it's really good for your plants.. *alot of plants benefit from it*

I scratch it into the soil/dirt 4 times during the summer, May 1st, June 1st, July 1st, August 1st... *Nothing past August for like in growing places like myself, zone 5*

I sprinkle it around the dripline/base of the plant, *don't stratch tooooooo hard and hurt roots, but enough so it's worked into the soil..
***The dripline is where when it rains or you water with a hose on top of the bush and the water falls off the plant and lands on the ground/soil/dirt...***

It can also be used as a foliar spray for plants too..

Here's a direct link to Epsom Salt There's 3 parts to click on that gives you how much of it to use on each type of plants..
They are... Garden Benefits
Why It Works
Garden Usage Tips

Hope this helps some, please let us know if you have more questions, always glad to help!!!

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by HOLLYHOCKGIRL on May 10, 2006 09:34 PM
THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!! I went to the website...and I copied the info and am starting a folder for all this info...I forget it all during winter [nutz] !!! Anyway...thank you so much!!! You guys really know your stuff! I am super impresssed!!! Thanks again! [thumb] [Smile]
by weezie13 on May 11, 2006 12:38 AM
[Embarrassed] [Smile] [Wink] [Big Grin] [thumb] [flower] [flower] [gabby]

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Epsom salts| Next thread: Epsom Salts for roses? »
Back to Thread index