The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Looking for flowering shrub with properties similar to Rosa Banks

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by KKMedic on May 01, 2006 10:13 AM
I love the Lady Rosa Banksia... the way its limbs lay in a fountain shape and the pretty tiny roses. I would love to find something in red, white, or blue with similar properties that will work in zone 8. Any suggestions?

Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do...but how much love we put in that action. -Mother Teresa

Work for the Lord - the pay isn't much but the retirement is out of this world!

"Until one has loved an animal a part of one's sould remains unawakened."   ~Anatole France
by RugbyHukr on May 02, 2006 03:07 AM
you might try some spiraea or one of the loveliest flowering shrubs, the flowering almond

-
I love the sweet scents wafting in the breeze. I stop to admire the vibrant colors of all living things. And people think me odd. Then ODD I am!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/flugnash
by tkhooper on May 02, 2006 07:41 AM
For white I would think the mock orange would have the correct shape. It's white and I love the smell.

Dwarf Crape Myrtle could work for red or white.

Cynara cardunculus - Cardoon this looks like a possible choice for blue but I'm not sure.

Platycodon g. 'Fuji Blue' - Balloonflower These differ greatly depending on the type. This seemed to have sufficient height that it might be appealing. But then pictures can be deceiving.

Blue just wasn't easy to find in a weeping bush shape. Sorry I couldn't have been better help. Good luck with your search.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: