The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Christmas Tree

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Christmas Sugar Plums| Next thread: christmas wreaths »
Back to Thread index
by ski on April 05, 2006 01:38 AM
I still have my cut Christmas tree. I put it on my deck after Christmas and it still looks green. If I keep watering it how long could it stay alive?
by flwrgrdnmom on April 13, 2006 10:32 PM
no way to know really... I'm shocked it's still alive now. Amazing...
by kyjoy on April 14, 2006 12:05 AM
Why not plant it in your yard?
by johnCT on April 14, 2006 01:17 AM
With no roots?! [Frown] Probably not very long.

John - Zone 6
by Longy on April 14, 2006 03:32 AM
Is it possible it could develop roots as a cutting? Some trees like poplars will do this .Dunno about conifers though.

-
The secret is the soil.
by The Plant Doc on April 14, 2006 06:11 AM
I seriously doubt it would. Ski You must be from the northern part of Cheeseland. If kept cool the tree will keep its green color, once it warms up and tries to come out of dormancy it will die and turn brown.

-
Mike Maier
aka
The Plant Doc
by pagarden on April 14, 2006 09:32 AM
yea- my husband hates this BUT every year i "plant" the tree outdoors after Christmas. I dig a small hole before the ground freezes and after Christmas i drop it it with the popcorn still on it. the kids and i collect pinecones and after the tree is outdoors we "decorate" it for the birds with pb covered pinecones with birdseed on them for our birdie friends. every year my husband begs me not to do this but the kids and i enjoy it. anyhow- it does stay green for quite a while as long as it's cool outside. once it warms up and the sun is stronger it does start to turn brown.
by kyjoy on April 14, 2006 11:36 PM
I'm sorry. I didn't understand the tress has no roots. I thought you were referring to a potted tree. Oh well.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Christmas Sugar Plums| Next thread: christmas wreaths »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: