The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

buddleia

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Buckeye Candy| Next thread: Buddleja »
Back to Thread index
by jenscottelliot on June 28, 2004 04:35 PM
I recently transplanted a butterfly bush...and it looks terrible. I watered it very well in it's new home (it even rained last night!) and it looks extremely wilty. Do you know what could have happened and if it can be helped??? It is one of my favorite plants and I really would like th save it.
by obywan59 on June 28, 2004 05:33 PM
How much top growth did you leave on it? It might be a good idea to prune it way back. I've transplanted butterfly bushes before and they seem to sulk for a year or so, but eventually they will start to take off again.

-
Terry

May the force be with you
by jenscottelliot on June 29, 2004 04:42 AM
This was a fairly new plant..it was about 6in tall when I bought it and is now at least 36in tall. It was doing so well, then I moved it (on 6/26). It's completely wilted. I'm wondering if it will "perk" back up in a few days? I did not purne it at all.
Thanks for your input!
by Arctostaphylos on June 29, 2004 07:34 PM
It sounds like transplant shock to me, they are very hardy plants in my expierence. I would suggest that you be careful not to overwater, just make sure that moisture is available in the soil but not soggy. Good luck.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Buckeye Candy| Next thread: Buddleja »
Back to Thread index