The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Zucchini mold

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Huksumalic on August 23, 2006 10:31 AM
Hullo, i have a patio pot garden of veggies. all are doing well except for the zucchini. their leaves get greyish spots then the leaves dry out. they are still trying very hard to make zucchini's, 2 are now about 4 inches long. i want to kill the mold & don't know how. i searched the net, that's how i wound up here. once a month, i give all my veggies a light dose of Pure Blend metabolic grow formula. Our veggies have fed us since july. over the winter i grew spinach & beets in pots too. All zucchini mold killing suggestions most welcome
thanks so much,
by weezie13 on August 23, 2006 02:26 PM
Huksumalic,
The mold is on the leaves or the fruit it'self?

If it's the leaves a mix of Baking Soda and water.. spray it on the leaves should do the trick! [thumb]

Are you sure it's mold or powdery mildew...
Got a picture by any chance?

Welcome to The Garden Helpers Forum by the way...

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Huksumalic on August 29, 2006 12:34 PM
Hey Weezie,
Thanks so much for your reply. It is a white powdery thing. To me it looks like a white mold that's spread to the leaf stalks but isn't on the zucchini as yet. And it's now on my cuke leaves too. I've just done the baking soda spray & can hardly wait to see results. I sure hope their salvagable, thanx for your help. Unfortunately, I don't have a camera, as yet.
Respectfully,
Huksumalic
by Huksumalic on August 29, 2006 12:38 PM
PS to Weezie, I saw that you answered right away, that's so cool. I'm a netmarketer, so spend my not-gardening time, advertising my different affiliate sites. I just cut all the dried up leaves off my zukes & cukes, so thought to check out this site to see if anyone could help. I want you to know how much I appreciate the kindness of your help,
Huksumalic
by weezie13 on August 29, 2006 01:40 PM
Hey, no problem..
I love to help gardener's...
I was a new gardener once and needed help,
and there wasn't much around some odd years ago...
So, I am always glad to lend a hand, in
any way I can..

Please keep me posted on your plants..

I do hate to say this, but it is getting that time when it may be just natural for them to pass on...
*What growing zone are you, do you know??*

Mine are all but shot...for the season...
It's that hot dry days of the last parts of summer, and then it's hot and humid, and when you water, it stays too moist.. and thus the
powdery mildew on the leaves...

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/

Active Garden Forum