The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

watermelons & pumpkins

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Watermelons| Next thread: watermelons 2 »
Back to Thread index
by amis on June 11, 2006 03:10 PM
Hi, everyone. Can I plant one Sugar Baby watermelon and 1 Orange Smoothie pumpkin in a half barrel? Or would it just be way too crowded? I already had my watermelon but my husband surprised me with the pumpkin today. I don't have a ton of room in my little plot, although there is plenty for the vines to spread out so I don't really want to add another barrel if I can help it. I don't really want to add another barrel if I can help it. Besides, I think my husband would probably strangle me if I did, even if it was his fault. [Big Grin] My other barrel is already taken up with my tomato plant since it's decided to get so darn big. LOL. I didn't know just how tall Sweet 100's can grow. That's what I get for not doing research and buying something on impulse. And I don't even like tomatoes! They're for the men folk. Anyway, let me know any suggestions you have and stuff or if this is even viable. Thanks

we all have to go through a little rain to find our rainbows
by Longy on June 11, 2006 11:46 PM
That should be OK. What is the diameter of the half barrel? They're very hungry. You'll need to keep the food up to them. Maybe feed with a liquid fert at half strength once a week.

-
The secret is the soil.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Watermelons| Next thread: watermelons 2 »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: