The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

cho. bread

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
« Prev thread: Chives!| Next thread: Choclatechip Pecanpie Bars »
Back to Thread index
by ladystressout on December 29, 2005 02:55 AM
Hello and hope everyone had a good Christmas?Has onyone got a recipe for chocolate cake or have anyone heard of cocoa biscuits?My mother in law made them and sure would like to try to make some for my hubby?Bye chat with you all later Rita
by tkhooper on December 29, 2005 04:37 AM
Question: Are you talking about the chocolate biscotti that is sometimes referred to as a chocolate biscuit or a softer more biscuit type of fast bread?

-
 -
by ladystressout on December 30, 2005 09:04 PM
Hello tkhooper not a biscotti but a bread?You bake in a loaf pan?
by ladystressout on December 30, 2005 09:10 PM
hello again maybe its a cho. cake made in a loaf pan?I do know that it does not need icing on it?
by tkhooper on December 30, 2005 09:18 PM
like a poundcake then? Heavier than a regular cake but not as moist as a devilsfood cake?

-
 -
by ladystressout on January 01, 2006 03:05 AM
Hello tkhooper and yes like a poundcake but not as moiset as a devils food cake.
by tkhooper on January 07, 2006 01:08 AM
See if this recipe looks about right

1/4 cup melted butter plus butter for greasing the pan
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup whole wheat
4 teas. baking powder
1 teas. salt
1/2 teas. cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 1/2 cups milk
1 egg

Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter a 9x5 loaf pan.
Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cocoa and sugar. Beat together the milk, melted butter & egg. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into it.
Using a large spooon or rubber spatula, combine the ingredients swiftly, stirring and folding rather than beating, and stopping as soon as all the dry ingredients are moistened. The batter should be lumpy, not smooth.
Pour and scrape the batter into the buttered pan. Bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.

I hope this is what you are looking for but it's hard to know. You can use 3 cups of all purpose flour if you want to in the recipe.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Chives!| Next thread: Choclatechip Pecanpie Bars »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: