The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

What's in your hanging baskets?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by tamara on May 20, 2006 02:40 PM
This year I have Ivy geraniums. 'Holiday Purple Dream' it's called, looks more pink than purple though.

-
 -
Tamara's Photos
Thinking Spring, Thinking Spring...Nope, doesn't work.lol
by loz on May 20, 2006 03:08 PM
Portulacas in some of them, and Wandering Jew in some! [thumb]

The Portulacas are so vibrant! [thumb]
by gardeningmomma on May 20, 2006 04:17 PM
I have yet to plant mine [lala] I think I want some sweet potato vine in one, don't know what else yet. Now, I have the urge to go to Lowes in the am!
by chenno on May 21, 2006 03:29 AM
Hi

So far I have ivy geraniums,fushia and pink.
Pansies bright yellow,verbena deep purple and lobelias purple and white.And I have the fever. If it would stop raining.
Have a good day
Angie

-
 -
Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks.
Plutarch
by auntnene on May 21, 2006 08:32 AM
I have wave petunias, ivy geraniums in pink,multi-colored rose moss and a asparagus fern I have had for years. The geraniums are beautiful this year!

Please God, make me as good as my cat thinks I am!
by patches1414 on May 21, 2006 06:25 PM
I have Strawberries in mine this year [thinker] to keep the squirrels from digging up the plants. I am going to put pink impatiens in another one because it is in the shade, but they're not planted yet. [Frown] I should be able to get them planted this week-end. [thumb]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by princessazlea on May 21, 2006 09:26 PM
In one basket I have Viola's. In the other I have Fuchsia's.

-
 -
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens".
by penny in ontario on May 24, 2006 03:37 AM
i think the question for me is "what dont i have" in my baskets, there is just about everything in there, the more colorful the better, geraniums,begonias,lobelia,verberna,coreopsis,petunias,baby breath,gerber daisys,ivy,marigolds, you name it, its probably in there!!

-
 -

-
by patches1414 on May 24, 2006 08:10 AM
Penny, just how many hanging baskets do you have? [dunno] I really only have room for three. I used to have some with pink ivy geraniums in them and they were beautiful. [Wink] I love them with petunias in them too. Penny, yours must be gorgeous! [flower] [flower] [flower]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by penny in ontario on May 24, 2006 08:30 AM
i have a huge one that i splurge on every year for my front porch and have another on a wrought iron hanger out front as well.
Out back there is about 8, and some pots that i filled.
The big one that i buy costs me a fortune but its my only big purchase, and i make sure its got just about everything in it, the rest i make up myself, i go into a garden centre and buy the pots already made up, for about 8 to 10 dollars, bring them home and seperate the flowers and replant them elsewhere and toss the pots out, i am on a first name basis with the girls at the wal-mart garden centre now [Big Grin] [flower] [flower] , i will post some pics for you soon, as soon as i figure out the camera [dunno] [lala]

-
 -

-
by Merme on May 27, 2006 04:57 PM
I put petunias and nasturtiums combined in my two hanging baskets.

Merme

-
 -

"In the midst of winter, I learned there lives in me an invincible summer" Camus (maybe a paraphrase)
by penny in ontario on May 28, 2006 07:00 AM
that sounds good too Merme!!

-
 -

-
by eClaire on May 31, 2006 08:15 AM
I have bacopia, petunias, geraniums, and vinca in various combinations. i love hangining baskets [Smile]

Claire
by penny in ontario on June 02, 2006 01:26 AM
That sounds nice, do you have any pics of them??
As i mentioned before, i have a bit of this and that!! [Big Grin] [thumb] [flower] [flower]

-
 -

-

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: