The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Conainer sizes for baby plants - Hydrangea, citrus trees and trumpet vines

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Composting short-cut?| Next thread: cone cross over »
Back to Thread index
by FlowerNewbie on April 07, 2006 12:52 AM
I have just received quite a few plants from michigan bulb...

One of which is a Hydrangea macrophylla 'Nikko Blue'. I have 3 very small plants. I was wondering a good size container for these and also if I could put them all in one or if they should be in separate containers? I'd like to put them in the smallest put that would still be okay... As I said they are very small now and will probably take some time to grow... which I then could eventually transplant to a bigger container...

Also, I have some of those mini citrus trees coming and was wondering about pot size for those also...

I am also attempting to grow trumpet vines in a container... I know they tend to get big... but they a virtually sticks at the moment... any container ides for those?

Please don't say to grow these in a garden instead of a container... as there is no garden to plant them in...

-
 -
Kitten in Life  - , Tiger in Love  -
by Deborah L. on April 16, 2006 03:22 AM
I grow all of my dwarf citrus trees in 24 inch pots. A dwarf variety can spend its entire life in a pot this size without becoming pot bound.
The trumpet vine can live in a pot 12 inches or more, however when it becomes root bound you'll have to root prune, trim leaves and replant with fresh soil.
I don't know anything about hydrangeas.
Will you be keeping the citrus in full sun? They need full sun and warmth. I hope you got a Meyer lemon ! ?

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Composting short-cut?| Next thread: cone cross over »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: