The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Pond care

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by Sleepless in Korea on September 28, 2006 07:32 AM
I have a pond that is in Ideal conditions (Nitrates, PH balance,alkalinity, and hardness), but i have a few fishes dying one at a time a few days apart. I started this pond about two months ago and the fish were all fine til about a week ago. The Alge level is low but I feed them once to twice a day. the weather is cooler but not dramaticly cooler and has been a constant.

Please Help.
Sleepless in Korea
by afgreyparrot on September 28, 2006 08:55 AM
Sleepless...I have a pond, and a lot of goldfish...but I have never had this problem.
BUT...there are quite a few members here who will probably be able to help you out...that know more about goldfish and ponds than I do.

Welcome to the forum! [wavey]
Glad you joined us!

Cindy

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by faerywatcher on September 29, 2006 05:04 AM
hey sleepless---i am learning as i go, my fish "somehow" thrive in algae that i seem to battle on a regular basis due to a koi that was bought by mistake at a walmart, (go figure). the rest of my fish are fantail goldfish. did you by any chance add a huge amount of water and not put a dechlorinator in with the water? that needs to be added everytime you add more than 25% of water to your pond. keep checking back, i'm sure some one else may have some input. sorry for your fish! [Eek!]

-
 -
Beyond this place, there be dragons!
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p212/faerywatcher/
by dano1252 on September 29, 2006 09:00 AM
Hi Sleepless, How many gallons is your pond? Just wondering what changed to stress they out? It could be water, water temp. fertilizer, something prowling like a cat. I had a heron visit last year and thought I lost all my fish only to find they were hiding (the survivors that is). Another thing, I have about 25 fish and only feed them once a week and sparingly at that , have you done a amonia test? If not , you may want to. Dan

Theres never enough time to do it right but always enough time to do it over.
by Gardencrazy on September 30, 2006 02:13 AM
Hey! Sleepless,

Welcome to the this wonderful place! [wavey]

Can you please give a little more info about your pond?
What size pond is it?depth/width/length?
Is it liner, preform or dirt?
Did you get the fish all from the same place at the same time or did you get a few at a time?
How many fish do you have?
What kind of fish are they?
Gardencrazy [flower]

-
 -
 - my webshots ~ my photobucket

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: