The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Lantenna question?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Lantana Visitor| Next thread: large leaf hydrangea »
Back to Thread index
by 4Ruddy on May 22, 2005 12:03 AM
I love lantenna...plant it, watch it bloom all summer, cut it back in the winter and you are good to go next spring. It's the only thing that the white flies don't devoure! So, I have a lot of it aound, in different colors...my sister fell in love with mine and bought some Thursday. Okay...so here's the question...she called me freakin a little because all of the tags on the ones that she bought say "annual"....HUH? Are there different "kinds" that ARE actually annuels? So, is she REALLY going to have to re-plant next spring? What's the deal? Have I finally lost that teeny little piece of my mind that was left? I had NO idea what to tell her because that really confused me...not like it takes a lot to do that or anything....help me out here gang! [dunno]

-
 -

Happiness, like a dessert so sweet.
May life give you more than you can ever eat...
by pcgrav on May 22, 2005 12:55 AM
Lantana is supposed to be hardy to zones 9 & 10 so that's probably why you can cut it down and it comes back. Where does your sister live? I've noticed that a lot of plants have different tags this year compared to what I've seen in the past-- the tags now read something like " plant as annual in zones where not hardy" or something... So if she has some with a tag that reads annual that's most likely the reason...

-
 - Each day is a new beginning...What you begin is your choice.
 - The pleasure you receive from life is equal only to the attitude you put into it.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Lantana Visitor| Next thread: large leaf hydrangea »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: