The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Good news/bad news

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: good news!| Next thread: Good news but what to do? »
Back to Thread index
by cookinmom on July 18, 2006 03:24 AM
Good news (sort of) -- we put our house up for sale this weekend

Bad News -- Hubby says I can't take the pond with me [tears] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Good News -- Hubby says we get to make a new pond after we move - a BIG one [kissies] [thumb]

Whoever buys this house BETTER be good to my fishies and froggies [devil] (I'm taking some of those fish with me somehow!)

-
Real women don't have hot flashes -- we have power surges!
by loz on July 18, 2006 04:35 AM
Valerie, are you moving far?

Congratulations.....I'd be taking some of the fish with me too! [thumb]

They'll love their new BIG home!
by cookinmom on July 18, 2006 08:36 AM
If my kids weren't still in school, we'd probably be moving to Wyoming.
Fortunately one has a year left, and one has two. So we'll probably be moving somewhere within 20 or 30 miles of where we are now. We don't really want to change their school. (It's a private school; the mileage thing has to do with the drive, not school district).
I'm sure digging a pond will not be top priority at the new house, so I'm thinking will probably get a cheap kiddie pool or something to keep my stuff alive. The plants in pots go with me too!

-
by Karrie on July 18, 2006 12:42 PM
I don't blame you Valerie, let me tell you to leave your pond and flowers all behind is not easy. It had me down for months after we moved. I was so depressed and it honestly wasn't the family I missed, it was my yard. But as soon as summer came and we bought I perked right up! Just look at it as a new canvas to paint another master piece on!

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos
by cookinmom on July 19, 2006 09:07 AM
Thanks Karrie,
That's what I'm telling myself. None of this was here when we moved here, and doing stuff is half the fun, so starting over should be fun, right!??!
I'm kind of hoping we move far enough out to have chickens.

-
by Karrie on July 19, 2006 09:30 AM
Yes the work is more then half the fun for me. And just think with all the experience you have under your belt now, you can really make a master piece of a new yard!

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos
by shanbear on July 19, 2006 09:33 AM
Valerie:

I'm sorry to hear about your pond. No worries though, think positive thoughts. Bigger and better pond?! Well that just means more room to do things a little different this time that you couldn't do before. You should try snagging some froggies too; if you can catch them! Put them in an ice cream bucket with holes and a bit of water and rocks on the bottom. And as for the fish, I'm thinking about you investing into some portable plastic fish tanks- you know those plastic ones you usually give to your child for their first fish? Those ones.

Take pictures of your new yard for us; we might be able to give some ideas! [flower]
by cookinmom on July 19, 2006 09:44 AM
I'll do just that! We have to find the new yard first though. That's the hardest part I think. I wish we could take our house and our yard, and just plunk them down somewhere a little farther west!

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: good news!| Next thread: Good news but what to do? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: