The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Looking for the water plant lady from months ago.

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by ceceharpo on July 12, 2006 03:19 PM
Hello, and sorry to have to try finding this person this way .... please accept my appologies.

A few good months ago, back in the winter actually, a lady here told me of her friend who grew and sold water plants at the side of the lane. This lady I seek cooks pies and such and adds them to her friends roadside table for sale. They exchange the friendship and the plants and pies.

She offered, back in the winter, to help me in finding water plants through her friend.

IF you are that lady, would you please email me directly at pm for address

The time is here, in Southern Ontario Canada, for me, and shipping at this time of year would be perfect.

I really hope to make contact with you again, I am sorry I didn't remember your name on this site.

Thankyou everyone for this space and especially thankyou to the people who keep this site up and running. It is still a favorite place to come and read for me.

cece
by Jiffymouse on July 13, 2006 02:45 PM
cece, if you will pm me your address, i'll send you water hiacynth and water lettuce.

i took your email addy off because of the spambots.
by ceceharpo on July 14, 2006 03:40 PM
Well I tried one person, sent them a private message, that another site member here had let me know the name of. It wasn't that person who had been in touch with me in the past.

Hopefully, I find you, whoever you are. Busy making pies no doubt. The berries here are getting soooo full and tastey. I am sure anyone with berry bushes is very busy trying to keep up with the picking right now.

Hello, hello, whoever you are. I am looking for you!!

[Smile] [Smile] :s

cece
by ceceharpo on July 27, 2006 03:12 PM
Today, in my mail, I received such a lovely surprise of two baggies of water plants. Water Hyacinth and Water Lettuce.

I am completely thrilled. They seem to have arrived fine, still wet and healthy looking, but since they travelled a very very long way to me, crossing even a boarder, I am putting them into thier own aquarium indoors just till they adapt and I can see that they did survive fine through thier travels.

Thank you so very much to JF for this gift to me and my garden.

They are very much appreciated!!

cece
by Jiffymouse on July 27, 2006 03:25 PM
[thumb] the water they were in is from my well, i don't have to do anything, the fish (and plants) love it! and survive quite well.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: