The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Bird sleeping in towel

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Bird's nest fern problem| Next thread: Bird trouble »
Back to Thread index
by charoopy on August 07, 2006 02:50 PM
A usually hang my swimsuit on a line on the back porch. A few weeks ago about dusk I noticed 2 tiny birds sleeping in the seat of it. The next day I took it down and folded a towel so that it loops over the line with kind of a sling bottom and ever since then one of the little birds comes back to sleep in the towel. He is really little with a very long beak.

I have to peek at him and tell him goodnight every eve.

I now hang my swimsuit over the shower rod in the bathroom.
NANCY
by melcon6 on August 07, 2006 03:10 PM
Aw, that's so sweet! [kissies] [thumb]

-
 -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!!!!!
by Thornius on August 07, 2006 05:23 PM
I'll bet you have a Carolina Wren or House Wren. Do a Google Image Search on these two birds to see if that is what you have. Your description of its appearance and behavior matches a Wren to a "T", especially the Carolina Wren. I have a flock of about 6 Carolinas that come to my feeders daily. I went out this morning and one greeted me sitting on the porch rail with a BIG glob of suet stuck on its beak making it look like a clown.

-
 -
A bird in the hand......can sometimes be a mess.
by Thornius on August 07, 2006 05:24 PM
Charoopy, is that a bird in your swimsuit or are you just VERY happy to see me? [Big Grin]

-
 -
by Tonya on August 08, 2006 11:33 AM
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] Thorny!!

Charoopy- can you get a pic?

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by Thornius on August 08, 2006 11:44 AM
Sorry. [tears] I just COULDN'T pass up a chance to use such a classic line and for once be truthful the OTHER way.

-
 -
by Triss on August 08, 2006 11:47 AM
Oh wow, to have a nightly visitor like that is great. Glad you made a nice safe place for them to curl up and sleep!

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by charoopy on August 09, 2006 01:03 PM
Tried last night to get a picture, but it was too dark and it upset him for me to be so close. If I am in the yard when he is ready to go to sleep he screams at me. Then when I go into the house I see him fly into his bed.

Nancy

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Bird's nest fern problem| Next thread: Bird trouble »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: