The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Question on my Gardenia

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: question on hardening off| Next thread: Question on Peonies »
Back to Thread index
by ninniwinky on May 20, 2005 04:53 PM
if anyone knows what this is I would appreciate them telling me [dunno] , I have this reddish brown looking corrosion on the soil of my Gardenia, I swear it looks like rusty corrosion. does anyone know what this is?? I thought it was some kind of mold or something, but its not, its nearly granular.

Thanks!!!

ninnni
by ninniwinky on May 22, 2005 02:57 PM
does anyone have any idea on about that gardenia I was telling you about??

thanks,

Ninni [wayey]
by pcgrav on May 22, 2005 07:23 PM
Sounds like you have a LOT of iron in your water and you are experiencing iron buildup... just a guess?? [dunno]

-
 - Each day is a new beginning...What you begin is your choice.
 - The pleasure you receive from life is equal only to the attitude you put into it.
by Francine on May 23, 2005 08:06 AM
hi ninni,

Tricia is right,try if you can ,to take a little sample of that soil and have it analyse at your garden center,think they ve got the facilities to do so. or if you want buy one of those kit they sell so you can analyze it youself,i think they got those at any wallmart.

good luck!! Bonne chance!! [flower] [flower] [wayey]

http://photobucket.com/albums/d23/fv1962/
by ninniwinky on May 25, 2005 06:00 AM
Thanks for the idea's, I told my mom the same thing, It seems to be too much iron, and iron rusts! So say there is too much Iron, what do you do about that?

Thanks!!! [Smile]

ninni

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: question on hardening off| Next thread: Question on Peonies »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: