The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

momma & poppa cardinal

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: momey tree| Next thread: Momma's Carrot Cake »
Back to Thread index
by Jiffymouse on April 24, 2006 01:30 AM
ok, so i have this bird feeder outside my computer room window and i've noticed for a few weeks a female cardinal there.

well, today, i noticed, as she was eating, a male sitting about 15 feet away just watching... and just now, they were playing? chase with him chasing her. i so hope this means i will have babies to watch later this year!
by loz on April 24, 2006 01:32 AM
Cool Jiffy! I hope you have babies to watch! [thumb] Cardinals are my favorite--tied with American Goldfinches. [grin]
by Thornius on April 24, 2006 07:13 AM
I like Turkey Vultures and Black Vultures. They bring all sorts of interesting THINGS and drop them in my yard.

-
 -
A bird in the hand......can sometimes be a mess.
by slredmond on April 24, 2006 07:16 AM
Describe "things" Thornius!! Alive or dead!? Congrats on your darling couple, Jiffy. I love to hear the male chatting away when we're working in the yard. I think he tolerates us but not so sure he likes us too close.

Sandy R.
by Jiffymouse on April 24, 2006 03:28 PM
i don't think we want things described from what i have seen of the turkey vultures around here [Frown] [Frown]

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
by joclyn on April 24, 2006 06:28 PM
cool, jiffy!! i love cardinals! get some pics (and post them) of the babies, if you can!!
by Wrennie on April 25, 2006 12:57 AM
Jiffy, if you see him feeding her a seed that is a part of their courting ritual. Shell put her 'crown' down, put her head back a bit and he'll reach down to her with the seed.

-
 -

-

- Summer Camp '07, July 14th weekend, won't you join us?  -
summer camp thread 1, 2, 3,4
by Thornius on April 25, 2006 03:49 AM
Actually I have TWO pairs of Cardinals hanging out in my yard. One of the females was actually flirting with and coming on to ME last year.
As to "THINGS" there is NO way to tell what they once were......but it's fun to guess!

-
 -
by slredmond on April 27, 2006 02:21 AM
So Thornius, does this mean you're a red head that wears a crown?!? [wavey] [Big Grin]

Sandy R.
by Thornius on April 27, 2006 05:53 AM
Me? No. I'm BALD like an eagle and I sure ain't no royalty! [devil]

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: momey tree| Next thread: Momma's Carrot Cake »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: