The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

CATTAIL BIRD FEEDERS

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: cats fishing in my pond| Next thread: Cattails »
Back to Thread index
by Thornius on April 06, 2006 01:04 PM
Here is a link to some metal bird feeders designed to look like growing CATTAILS that knocked me out.

CATTAIL FEEDERS

-
 -
A bird in the hand......can sometimes be a mess.
by JV on April 06, 2006 02:38 PM
May be I should get some of them. Birds wont go near the ones I have. Have two round ones for seed with perch's as well as one cedar with the cake and a humming bird feeder. No matter what I do birds wont go near any of them.
Jimmy

-
 -
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says.
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by MissJamie on April 07, 2006 12:58 PM
wow that is soooo cool! I love the way those look!! hey jimmy, have you tried putting thistle seed in your feeders? I bet within a few weeks you'll be having your yard bombarded with goldfinches like mine! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] (do you have goldfinches in your area though? Is it to hot for them?)

-
 -
*~*Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts.
*~* http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2125497034
by Triss on April 07, 2006 01:18 PM
Now that is a really unique feeder! And since I have no trees in the yard, it would be a great way to attract birds to areas where the shrubs are.

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by patches1414 on April 07, 2006 04:03 PM
Those are sooo neat! [thumb] I can see why they would attract birds. The only thing I'm wondering about is keeping the aquirrels off of it. [dunno] I have such a problem with them raiding the feeders. [Frown] Of course, I guess they couldn't tear this one up. [Wink]

patches [kitty]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by loz on April 07, 2006 11:39 PM
I've saw these before, but they are much cheaper from Collections Etc.....$14.99 for a set of 3!

birdfeeders

Check that out! [grin]
by Triss on April 08, 2006 01:59 AM
I like those too Loz. They have a lot more detail to them with the smaller cattails and the butterfly.

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by loz on April 08, 2006 02:03 AM
Well you know I'm a bargain shopper, and the other one is really nice too but it's 19.95 for one.....here you get 3 of them. [thumb]
by JV on April 08, 2006 11:30 AM
No Jamie I haven't tries thistle seed. Just the wild bird seed and the cake stuff as well as the Humming bird nector I tried last year. Cindy told me to do just sugar and see still no hummers. I have seen finches around as to what type I don't know Nostly just crows which never come near the feeders and this orange looking bird real prety has a crest like a Cardinal I can't seem to get a photo of him hard as I try. Maybe I should just throw them away and stop spending money have seen some Monarch's here so no reason I shouldn't see the birds.
Jimmy

-
 -
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says.
Keep it organic
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.
Pray for our Troops!

-
by patches1414 on April 08, 2006 12:23 PM
Hi loz, thanks for posting the link about the cattail feeders [thumb] , they are nice and the price is much better than $19.95 for ONE! [Wink] Unfortunately, I can't use those since they have the plastic seed liners, the squirrels will chew them up. [tears] I like the other ones with the wire mesh, but NOT the price. [Frown] I may check around here tomorrow to see if I can find something like that a little cheaper. [dunno]

patches [kitty]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: cats fishing in my pond| Next thread: Cattails »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: