The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Ideas anyone??

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: idea shrubs or trees?| Next thread: ideas for easiest to maintain »
Back to Thread index
by Tonya on July 04, 2006 10:44 AM
I found this in the woods behind my house and lugged it out. I think I know what I want to do with it, but...wanted to know what others thought.
 -
 -

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by Tonya on July 04, 2006 10:46 AM
It is an old iron "kettle" - I just realized the pics aren't the greatest... [Roll Eyes] [nutz]

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by Jiffymouse on July 04, 2006 03:00 PM
i love it. i'd fill it with flowers or hens & chicks or something.... i have one, but it is intact and i don't want to put anything in it...
by badplanter on July 04, 2006 05:06 PM
you could always "dress' it up by like, painting it a bronzr, copper, or even trying to polish it. I would put something that really doesn't spread too much, or you could mix it in a flower bed so you see only the parts that are not broken of the kettle. Or, you can plant something that WILL spread, so it covers most of the kettle, although allowing parts of it to stil lbe seen

-
 -
 -  - "I don't want no more of army life, gee mom, I wanna go, but they won't let me go, gee mom, I wanna go home!" My PB!
by buzylady on July 07, 2006 02:31 PM
My idea would be to set it on it's side. Bad side down. Plant something in it spreading out.
What is that green thing behind the pot in the second pic? Looks like something [Big Grin]

buzz buzz buzz  -
 -
http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k103/Di_06/
by netwiz on July 07, 2006 04:19 PM
I had to go back and look at the green thing in the picture... oh my! [Embarrassed] I almost spit out my soda from laughing when I saw that!!

Joanne
by penny in ontario on July 08, 2006 01:59 AM
What a cool find Tonya...i like the hens and chicks idea>>

-
 -

-
by Tonya on July 08, 2006 02:50 PM
The green thing is a green vase- also from the woods...you dirty minded people! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
I am getting some hens and chicksd from my mom next weekend. I can't wait!

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by Longy on July 11, 2006 12:25 AM
I'd drill some holes in it for drainage and plant a few different succulents in it. The metal will possibly get very hot in the sun and succulents will handle that.

-
The secret is the soil.
by Wrennie on July 17, 2006 12:31 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Tonya:
The green thing is a green vase- also from the woods...you dirty minded people! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Looked like a pickle to me until I read this and went back. [Big Grin]

-
 -

-

- Summer Camp '07, July 14th weekend, won't you join us?  -
summer camp thread 1, 2, 3,4
by Karrie on July 17, 2006 02:09 PM
I like the idea of the flowers spilling out of it.

As far as the other thing I just wanted to say...
Green Giant! lol Sorry I couldnt help myself

-
 -

It doesn't matter where you go in life... It's who you have beside you when you get there.

Karrie's Photos
by gardenfairy on July 25, 2006 03:50 PM
Wave petunia's would look gorgeous in that.

Monica

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."
 -

God gave us memories so we can have roses in the winter.
by comfrey on July 26, 2006 12:12 PM
A very great find!!!! Be sure to post a picture of it once you have something growing in it.

-
 -
by Tonya on August 09, 2006 03:49 AM
I've been put on hold...we may be moving, and I don't want to plant and have to move it after...

-
 -
 - Bote and Babe's World
by jbaby7162000 on August 20, 2006 02:42 AM
you people just arent real(THE GREEN THING)

joanne
by dodge on September 05, 2006 08:30 AM
I agree with putting the bad side on the ground. Fill it with dirt so it looks spilled out.. Plant the flowers the entire length of the dirt, and it looks like a dumped out flower pot.

;o)

dodge

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by Pburgh on September 09, 2006 03:00 AM
You guys are hilarious.

My gardens
http://community.webshots.com/user/pburghp
by buzylady on September 09, 2006 04:58 AM
Back to the Green Thing. Has anyone seen the pic posted somewhere. I think it was a pepper. Tho not for the young and/or innocent. I'll post it on my bucket page. Very funny.

buzz buzz buzz  -
 -
by buzylady on September 09, 2006 05:01 AM
I'm only going to leave it on my bucket page for a few days. It is really bad. [Big Grin]

buzz buzz buzz  -
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: idea shrubs or trees?| Next thread: ideas for easiest to maintain »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: