The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

woohoo a new sifter

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: WooHoo! my fruit order is in.| Next thread: woohoo Horseradish »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on July 09, 2006 04:11 AM
Ok so it's the back panel on a commercial a/c unit or something like that. But it's sheet metal and the holes are the right size and it fits over the top of the garbage can I sift compost into. So to me it's a sifter lol. And today I sifted half of my compost pile. By then I was so overheated I had to come in the apartment and cool off. But I got enough compost to fill my potting soil container and put about an inch of compost over the gravel we use as a rain break to keep it out of the apartment. Pretty soon I'll be able to add some of our native ground cover to that space and have it looking really nice all year long. Even if the garbage truck does run over it every week lol.

Next I'm going to add some of the compost to where I have the outdoor cinnamon basil and see if I can get the stems to turn back to green. Right now they are purple. it looks very nice but I know it's the same plant I have indoors because I took the cutting.

sorry got alittle off topic there. I just wanted to share about my new, free, sifter. It really works well.

-
 -
by SpringFever on July 15, 2006 01:19 PM
That is great Tammy!! Good luck with the basil! [thumb]

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by weezie13 on July 17, 2006 10:29 AM
Now I would like to see a picture of that...
Sounds really different...
and ingenuitous... [thumb] [teacher] [thumb]

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: WooHoo! my fruit order is in.| Next thread: woohoo Horseradish »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: