The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

deviled eggs?

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
by MissJamie on October 04, 2005 09:29 AM
hey everybody! I'm supposed to make deviled eggs for homecoming this coming sunday for church. problem is...it's been a long time since I've made them and can't remember how to?? how do you make them??

-
 -
*~*Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts.
*~* http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2125497034
by ChristinaC on October 04, 2005 09:39 AM
Just mix the cook yolks up with mayo, little bit of mustard, salt and pepper. I add chopped up dill pickle and chives to mine....sometimes I grate a little bit of garlic in it. Most people top them with paprika....I use cayenne. You can pretty much make them any way you want but basically it's the yoks with mayo and a little mustard.

-
 -
by MissJamie on October 04, 2005 09:53 AM
oh ok great thanks so much!

-
 -
*~*Last night I played a blank tape at full blast. The mime next door went nuts.
*~* http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2125497034
by angelblossom on October 05, 2005 09:35 AM
Miss Jamie and Christie C.. Yep I make deviled eggs the same some times add (real) bacon bits, another one I make(but Cheat) is cajan deviled eggs,, I just go to the store buy some cajan crab dip OR cajan crab Salad and spoon it into the whites instead or make half and half if you don;t have anything else to put the boiled yolk into... If they don't
sell cajan crab dip, in your area just crab dip will do, and sprink (JUST A SCOOCH) , of cayanne pepper on top Not spicy, but has a bite to it these really went over big at work for a pot luck dinner. ...

-
 -
Sorrow looks back, Worry looks around, Faith looks up!  -  -
http://photobucket.com/albums/e374/2thtek/  -  -
by ChristinaC on October 05, 2005 09:48 PM
Mmm...bacon bits..I've never thought of that. Canadian Thanksgiving is this coming weekend...I'm in charge of the pies but perhaps I'll bring deviled eggs as well...Thanx angelblossom...everyone in my family is crazy about deviled eggs and who doesn't like bacon?!?!?! Sounds perfect!
Christina

-
 -
by 4Ruddy on October 23, 2005 07:31 AM
We go through a ton of deviled eggs around here and I make them several different ways. My personal favorite is to use a little mayo and add some of the wasabi gourmayo...and chopped sweet gherkins..has a great kick to it. My son loves the lemon curry deviled eggs. I usually make a huge tray of assorted variaties.

-
 -

Happiness, like a dessert so sweet.
May life give you more than you can ever eat...
by Jiffymouse on October 23, 2005 08:36 AM
egg yolks w/mayo is the basic....
sometimes i add tuna
sometimes i add bacon
sometimes i add relish (sweet or dill, depending on my mood)
somefolks add mustard, onion, pepper, garlic, paprika, horse radish, and on, and on. the options are limitless once you get the mayo and eggs together!
by LF from MC on October 24, 2005 03:14 AM
I love deviled eggs, I'll have to print this one out. I never seen so many verities. the tuna one sounds great.

I like using Kraft Miracle Whip dressing, instead of Mayo, and add sweet relish to the yolks.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: