The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Is there any Worm's for sale?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by SpringFever on April 14, 2006 08:48 PM
I read a few places..Just throw the worms from your garden. Here I read red wigglers are the way to go..
Is any one willing to sell a starter bunch of worms? Would rather pay someone here than a big company. Thanks a lot [grin]

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by SpringFever on April 19, 2006 07:31 AM
Found some on ebay for $6 pluse 10.50 shipping is that bad? [dunno] after all it is a worm!

-
 -
by peppereater on April 19, 2006 07:36 AM
I want to get some myself, when I get ready...I think Tina may sell some...jonni13...?
Think I read that in a thread.

-
Dave
Even my growlights are getting restless!
by SpringFever on April 19, 2006 07:47 AM
Cool Pepper, I got all the stuff to make one... just waiting till the weather gets a little warmer to saw and all out side..
PS not even close to a morning person myself

-
 -
by Amber J on April 20, 2006 02:25 PM
I would send some to you that I found in my yard - but how would you ship them without hurting them?
by SpringFever on April 20, 2006 08:02 PM
Amber I thought the ones in the yard are not suppose to work like the red wrangler ones? [dunno] If I can use the outside yard ones I have about a million! Mabe I should start taking pictures and see if my worms are good enough [nutz] I just don't want to kill regular worms by keeping them wrong.
That is another good question.. How would you send worms?

-
 -
by jonni13 on April 20, 2006 10:43 PM
I don't sell red wigglers but I do share for postage. I need to wait until they multiply a bit. I've just sent out thousands.
Answering a few questions here.
Worms in your gardens are great things. Leave them alone to do what they do best.
Red wigglers are a semi-tropical worm that need certain conditions to live well. Moderate temperatures and protection from scavrngers. They are eating machines for paper and kitchen scraps. They are top feeders which makes them particularly vulnerable to predators like birds and things.
They are efficient composters in containers but won't survive long outdoors.
Shipping, The commercial company that JV ordered from sent them in a paper bag of some kind. I put mine in like gladware type sandwich containers with slits cut in for air and box them up. Mail priority.
There is a worm thread here called "Let's talk about worms" that has lots of good info for a beginner. And I started a little thread with some pictures. I think I called it the worms or something like that. Read up on it and if you are still interested, I should be ready to mail a few in a month or so.

~Tina
 -
 -
 -
Getting old is the pits. But it sure beats the alternative. My Blog
by SpringFever on April 21, 2006 12:55 AM
Thanks Tina that is a bunch of usful info.. [thumb] I did read through all the worm threads thats why I wanted the reds [Wink]
Please let me know when their ready OK I will happily send you the postage!! [clappy]

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: