The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

SEDUM

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Sedum| Next thread: sedum »
Back to Thread index
by BFVISION on May 14, 2005 05:39 PM
[wayey]
It looks as though I am going to have a great bounty this fall on my sedums [thumb] .
What I don't know [nutz] about is how to you propogate? Can I split them now before they get to big [dunno] ? I was thinking about doing some cuttings into a water pail until rooting but that may take some time.

Appreciate any help. [muggs]

BFVISION

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2122269418&mode=guest
by loz on May 14, 2005 07:40 PM
I have several sedums....one of my gardening books says to divide them in the early spring, my other gardening book says to divide them in the fall after flowering by slicing off a section with some roots attached......I've also heard that cuttings generally root pretty easy....but I've never tried and I haven't had to divide mine yet......I'm sure someone will pass through who has actually divided or rooted them...... [wayey]
by linda12159 on May 15, 2005 07:48 PM
it's so rare i get to give any advice or share any information. i'm usually the one asking!!! so i'm thrilled to help you on your sedum question!! well.....half of your question, anyway! i do know from expierence that sedum is one of the easiets plants to root. 2 years ago my mother had a bounty of sedum she didn't mind sharing with me, to get me started. i was blown away when all she did was cut several stalks from the plant and told me to just stick them in the ground and they will root........so i did as told (i'm such a good girl that way, lol)
and did nothing else for them. i watered them as i watered everything else, thats it! this year they have tripled.......just from one stalk, amazing. so, snip away and just stick them anywhere you want them! hope this helped!

Linda

-
learn from others mistakes....you can't live long enough to make them all yourself
by BFVISION on May 16, 2005 01:21 AM
Hey Linda [wayey] ,

..."it's so rare i get to give any advice or share any information. i'm usually the one asking!!! so i'm thrilled to help you on your sedum question!! well....."

You have 342 posts, you are a pro, don't sell yourself short [muggs] .
I too will take your advice and see what happens [wayey]

Thanks

BFVISION

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2122269418&mode=guest
by linda12159 on May 18, 2005 04:21 PM
thanks for the vote of confidence!!!
let us know how the sedum goes......
Linda

-
learn from others mistakes....you can't live long enough to make them all yourself
by phoenix on May 19, 2005 08:42 PM
thank you for posting that linda [kissies]
i have 1 sedum that is quite nice now i'm going to follow what you did and see how that goes [thumb] thanx again

-
 -
http://photobucket.com/albums/y203/lilpuppolo/
"If you want to talk bollocks and discuss the meaning of life,you're better off downing a bottle of whiskey.That way you're drunk by the time you start to take yourself seriously"

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Sedum| Next thread: sedum »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: