The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Coffee Grounds

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: COFFEE GROUNDS| Next thread: coffee grounds »
Back to Thread index
by patches1414 on March 03, 2006 01:03 PM
My prayers have been answered! I'm in the process of starting a worm bin and I've been told coffee grounds would be great to use in there. Since I'm not much of a coffee drinker this seemed to be a little problem, but it was quickly solved. [Wink] One of my students works at Starbucks in Missouri and he told me they package up the grounds and they are available free of charge for gardners. We don't have one around here in Illinois so he brought me three big bags today and is bringing me more on Tuesday so I can put them in my compost pile and the acid loving plants in my garden. I thought I would pass this information along for all those who might have access to a Starbucks!

Have a BEAUTIFUL day! [flower] [flower] [flower]

patches [kitty]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by weezie13 on March 05, 2006 11:59 AM
Man you're lucky!!!
I wish I had one near me......

**I used to work in the resaurants, and had access
to all sorts of coffeegrounds w/filters, veggie peelings and stuff, nowwwwwwwwww, nooooooo more [Eek!] [Eek!] I realllllllllllly miss it!!!!

FYI, you should be able to go to your local
grocery store and ask for stuff in the veggie department when they do their cleaning up of veggies, like pulling outter layers off of onions, corn husks that have dried, or over the edge veggies' they can't sell..
But sometimes, I know like Pig farmers, just as an example, may beat you to it... but can't hurt to ask..

Same for a local rest. you may frequent, ask them, they may just take you up on the offer, to cut down on their garbage...

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by patches1414 on March 05, 2006 01:42 PM
I'm only lucky for a short time because once the semester is over I'll lose my supply. [tears] Since we don't have a Starbucks in Illinois it would not be worth it to drive to St. Louis just to get the coffee grounds. Of course, maybe I could flunk him and he would have take the class over. [Wink] Just kidding!!!

Actually, we have a Farmer's Market two blocks from here and I've been hitting them up for the past three years. I'm also known as the local leaf thief because in the fall when the neighbors put their yard waste out I go and collect the bags. Of course, I only get them from a few who know what I'm doing and they are careful to keep big sticks and other debris out of the bags so it doesn't mess up my mulcher. I've got some great neighbors. [thumb]

patches [kitty]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: COFFEE GROUNDS| Next thread: coffee grounds »
Back to Thread index