The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

louvage??

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: lotus flower sprouted ty tk| Next thread: love in a mist »
Back to Thread index
by eClaire on June 09, 2006 07:39 AM
has anyone ever heard of louvage? I am probably not spelling it right - but it is pronounced luv-age.

my mother in law had some last year, and it tastes like chicken broth or boullion and is very useful in recipes, but i can't find any anywhere. I can't eat boullion because it contains wheat and i am gluten intolerant - so this stuff is extra useful for me.

anyways, thought i'd ask. thanks!

Claire
by melcon6 on June 09, 2006 09:39 AM
I looked it up for you, it's lovage , a very old fashioned plant. They liken it to celery or parsley. You should be able to find it at a local nursery/greenhouse, especially one with a large herb selection.

Lovage article

-
 -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!!!!!
by Wrennie on June 09, 2006 02:43 PM
My friend just sent me some lovage this year. i cant wait to use it. If I can find the herb catalog my other friend sent me I'll see if they have it.

-
 -

-

- Summer Camp '07, July 14th weekend, won't you join us?  -
summer camp thread 1, 2, 3,4
by eClaire on June 10, 2006 04:19 AM
Thanks guys! I was spelling it waaaay wrong - oops! i am going to call some nurseries to see if they have it.

Claire
by plantingnewb on June 15, 2006 04:17 PM
I was told on the mystery plant site that I have Lovage next to my garden. I didn't know what it was and kept cutting it down. It is growing like crazy for me, but I don't use it.
Here is a pic.
Lovage?

Let me know if this is what your talking about.
Tammy
by eClaire on June 16, 2006 03:36 PM
i think so - i was given cut lovage last year, so i'm not sure what it looked like in the ground. when you rub the leaves, soed it smwll like cellery or boulllion?? If it does, its lovage.

thanks for the pic!

Claire
by plantingnewb on June 18, 2006 02:25 PM
So do you still need some?
If you do, maybe I could send some to you.
I'm not sure how, but I think there is info on the seed exchange.
Let me know.
Tammy

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: lotus flower sprouted ty tk| Next thread: love in a mist »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: