The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Growing flowers from seeds?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Growing Dogwood from Seed| Next thread: Growing from Cuttings »
Back to Thread index
by moosemail on May 13, 2005 06:57 AM
I started germinating a variety of perenial seeds and now I don't know what to do when they start to sprout, when to plant them outside?, how big should they be? I'm new at this so bear with me. I am thinking just go and get a plant that is already started. [dunno]

Moosemail Out!
by tkhooper on May 13, 2005 11:11 AM
Your doing great and someone is going to be around to answer your question. I'm a beginner gardener and would like to hear it too. Transplanting time is always difficult for me too. I know one thing I'm going to do next year and that is use the jiffy pots. This year I used huge planters and when it came time to harden off the plants (that's when you have to take them outside for lengths of time for a while before you plant them) I wasn't happy with my choice.

-
 -
by tkhooper on May 14, 2005 04:19 AM
Here is the link to the fact sheet on transplanting seedlings.
http://www.thegardenhelper.com/growingseeds.html

I think the size the plant needs to be is one of those things that vary. It probably says it somewhere in the article, but I'm having trouble with my eyes tonight.

I hope by the time you read this you are feeling better. God bless and be well.
by uki on May 15, 2005 01:21 AM
Hi, [Smile] I sow my perennials in the coldframe in June,when my annuals and vegies are moved to the garden.If they grow fast I transplant them already in fall if not then the next spring.I have to admit that the hardening off part or the repotting and running out of space is not my favorite activity I prefer to seed in the frame,the plants turn out much hardier too.I tried Jiffypots too but they can get moldy quickly and they also didn't disolve fast enough and I removed before planting. [kitty] Uki

-
Even winters coldest day can't keep the hope of spring away

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Growing Dogwood from Seed| Next thread: Growing from Cuttings »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: