The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

beginner needs help

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Beginner Composter| Next thread: Beginner Question... »
Back to Thread index
by pepsibear62 on May 13, 2005 12:34 AM
Ok this might be a stupid question,but if a plant says "partial shade or partial sun, or can tolerate shade,where do I plant it?? I have morning sun at the front of the house until around 10:00ish full sun on the side and afternoon sun in the back around 2:00ish. So if it says partial shade does that mean it goes with the morning sun or afternoon sun?? I'm just totally confused and could use some advice.
Thanks
by pcgrav on May 13, 2005 01:16 AM
Hi [wayey] Pepsibear62,
Welcome!! And trust me -- that's not a stupid question... I just wrote to a nursery and asked professionals the very same thing... the answer is partial sun/partial shade means 3-4 hours of sun and full sun means 6-8 hours of sun. A plant that tolerates full shade to partial shade/sun would probably do better in a place where it gets the morning and not the afternoon sun. Being that afternoon is so much hotter. Hope this helps you decide where to put your plant. BTW--- what kind of plant is it? And-- its nice to have you here!! [thumb]

-
 - Each day is a new beginning...What you begin is your choice.
 - The pleasure you receive from life is equal only to the attitude you put into it.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Beginner Composter| Next thread: Beginner Question... »
Back to Thread index