The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

daffy dillemma

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: daffodils not blooming| Next thread: DAFFYS DEW DER THING!!!!! »
Back to Thread index
by Kalilah on June 01, 2004 03:08 AM
I am having a problem with my front flower bed. It is about 10ft long and 9in wide. The first 5ft will grow sweet williams but not daffodils and the second 5ft will grow daffodils and not sweet william. I have tried new bulbs and reseeding but nothing works. [dunno]

Is this a ph problem???

Lila
by Newt on June 04, 2004 11:19 PM
Hi Kaliah,

According to this site they are in the same ph range.

plant ph preferences

Do the leaves of the daffodils come up when you plant them where you have the sweet william?

Newt

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.
by Kalilah on June 07, 2004 03:46 PM
Nope, there are maybe one or two stray leaves where the sweet williams grow, but 99% of the flowers come up only on the right hand side. There are no sweet williams, absolutely none intermixed with the daffodils.

It's weird.
by Newt on June 09, 2004 04:34 PM
Have you dug up the bulbs that don't bloom? I'm wondering if it's too damp under that area and the bulbs are rotting. I'm stumped on this one. Maybe someone will help.

Newt

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: daffodils not blooming| Next thread: DAFFYS DEW DER THING!!!!! »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: