The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Pan Baked Pork

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
« Prev thread: Pan American Friendship Plant| Next thread: panic! late freeze »
Back to Thread index
by plants 'n pots on September 06, 2005 09:56 PM
Just saw this on Regis and Kelly.
It looked so easy and yummy, I had to share.

By the way, you can add or subtract any of the veggies listed, but I really like the idea of having pears in this.

Jamie Oliver The Naked Chef

PAN-BAKED PORK CHOPS WITH HERBY POTATOES, PARSNIPS, PEARS AND MINTED BREAD SAUCE

To make marinade, combine 2 handfuls of fresh, pounded rosemary, 6 crushed garlic cloves, 10 glugs of olive oil, 3 lemons, halved, juiced and skin squashed & freshly ground black pepper.

Rub and massage 8 pork chops in marinade and refrigerate for 1-6 hours. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Slice 3 parsnips and 3 smooth-skinned pears into quarters lengthwise, removing the cores from the pears. Cut 1 ½ lb potatoes into ¼-inch-thick pieces. Put them into a roasting pan with the parsnips, pears, pork chops and the marinade.

Toss lightly coating everything and season with salt and ground pepper. Roast in oven for 45 minutes to an hour, depending on size of chops.

To make minted bread sauce: Finely chop 3 handfuls of fresh mint to one 1 handful of chopped bread and stir in some extra virgin olive oil until the mix has loosened. Season with salt and ground pepper, adding 2 teaspoons English mustard and splashing in some red wine vinegar.

Smear minted bread sauce all over the pork when cooked.
(serves 4)

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by Dixie Angel on September 06, 2005 10:47 PM
Lynne, to prepare this dish, do we have to do it au natural or can we keep our clothes on? [Big Grin] I agree that it does sound yummy.

Dianna

-
 -
by plants 'n pots on September 06, 2005 11:32 PM
Cute, Dianna! [Big Grin]

I've never seen this chef before. He was a bit hyper on the show.
Apparently he has a book - “The Naked Chef Takes Off”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! [shocked]

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by Dixie Angel on September 07, 2005 12:10 AM
I bet he is really careful about splattering grease! [Big Grin]

Dianna

-
 -

Active Garden Forum