The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Results of hard work

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Results...!| Next thread: Retaining Wall »
Back to Thread index
by Rosepetal on September 08, 2006 11:13 PM
Here are a few fruits for my labors. Thought I'd share with you.

-
My peppers are growing constantly.
Glad I had them in the greenhouse, for we already had a killer frost last week.

-
I've been picking tomatoes for a few weeks now, will have lots to make whatever.

-
Just a few results, it feels so good to see these. All my hard work has paid off.

-
 -
For this "New Year" help me to be kinder and more loving to all around me, I pray.
by weezie13 on September 08, 2006 11:49 PM
That is an AWESOME JOB, you did there Rosepetal..
Wow!!!

*Got some more shots of inside that greenhouse [grin] [Smile] [thumb] [flower] [clappy] *

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by ChristinaC on September 08, 2006 11:53 PM
Wow! Your plants look so green and healthy..beautiful!!
What will you be using all those fantastic looking tomatoes for?

-
 -
by LandOfOz on September 09, 2006 02:10 AM
You're plants look awesome! Congrats! Wow, a frost already, huh? That is crazy. Good thing you've got those great plants in a greenhouse!

-
Sarah - Zone 5b/6
 -
by Rosepetal on September 09, 2006 10:51 AM
Hi here are some more pictures of my greenhouse and the results, enjoy.

-
These are the grouds I picked off the plants this year. I'm drying them on a screen in the greenhouse.

-
Closer look aren't they peculiar?

-
I just pulled my onions from the garden this week. They will be drying in my greenhouse as well.

-
This is my greenhouse from a wider angle, I've cleaned up a lot of plants already and made room to dry the picked veggies.

-
Just some more things I picked today. All from my greenhouse.

-
 -
For this "New Year" help me to be kinder and more loving to all around me, I pray.
by Rosepetal on September 09, 2006 10:53 AM
Christina,

I've been picking tomatoes for a few weeks now and those we can't eat I put into the freezer until I have enough to make what I want.

I'm planning to make pizza sauce, tomato sauce and salsa so far.

-
 -
by comfrey on September 10, 2006 03:24 AM
Rosepetal..Very nice looking plants and harvest!!! How big is your green house? Do you have heat for winter use??? Could you post of picture of the outside of it?

-
 -
by weezie13 on September 10, 2006 05:37 AM
BE STILL MY HEART~~~~~> [Cool] [Cool] [Cool]
I [Love] LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVE [Smile] THAT GREENHOUSE....
And all that you've done inside...

Wow, I want one that size!! [Eek!]

Thank~Youuuuuuu for sharing those pictures and the harvest!!

Weezie

-
 -
 -

by netty on September 10, 2006 08:25 AM
Oh Rosepetal...That's some greenhouse you've got there!! Oh, what I would do for one of THOSE!!

I can't believe you've already had a killing frost! I would be SO depressed! (Maybe not if I had a great greenhouse like yours! [thumb] )

-
 -
by patches1414 on September 10, 2006 02:27 PM
Rosepetal, the results of all your hard work is beautiful, [thumb] and your greenhouse looks fantastic! I hope you are going to post some more pictures of it from the outside. [Wink] How big is it? [dunno] Geesh, I wish I had something like that, but I don't think I would have the room for it. [Frown]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by Rosepetal on September 11, 2006 06:59 AM
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your kind comments. [kissies]

Yes it is a big greenhouse, but I'm not sure of the size, I've been meaning to ask my hubby but keep forgeting the minute I'm off the computer.

The reason I have so many plants inside my greenhouse is because of the early frosts in our area here. All my outside squash and zucchini are gone now, but those in the greenhouse are still doing fine.

Other than mildew right now and having no bees in our area so I had to pollinate by hand thro' the summer, I've actually had a great year.

No I won't be using it in winter, Im only ok till it gets really cold. I do fire up the heater in spring when I start all my seedlings. I also start a lot of flowers, selling some to friends and neighbors. Helps pay for a few bills and I love to do this.

-
 -
by ChristinaC on September 11, 2006 07:02 AM
Where is Canada are you Rosepetal?

-
 -
by Rosepetal on September 11, 2006 07:07 AM
I'm from Alberta. Sunny beautiful Alberta, but oh the wind. Good for all our windmills going up now, but it sure hurts those plants somedays.

-
 -
by wannerk on September 12, 2006 03:26 AM
I hope you catch this post.........I planted peppers outside and they got rot on the bottom.........Can I do anything to stop the rot or is the whole plant doomed? Anything I can do to stop it??? Thanks!!
by Deborah L. on September 12, 2006 04:08 AM
It really is a beautiful set up, Rosepetal.
Looks very professional too.
Get the feeling that we're all impressed by your greenhouse and your harvest? [wavey] [thumb]

-
 -
by weezie13 on September 12, 2006 05:01 AM
quote:
Originally posted by wannerk:
I hope you catch this post.........I planted peppers outside and they got rot on the bottom.........Can I do anything to stop the rot or is the whole plant doomed? Anything I can do to stop it??? Thanks!!
Wannerk,
Do a FORUM SEARCH and type in BER or BLOSSOM END ROT.. you should find results and help with it...
*#1. It's a watering problem and #2. It's a Calcium deficency in the soil problem*

Weezie

-
 -
 -

by Rosepetal on September 13, 2006 04:19 AM
I love all your comments, it feels so good to share my hard work with all of you.

No one knows better than an fellow gardener how much time and effort goes into our gardens.

-
 -
by melcon6 on September 13, 2006 08:13 AM
Rosepetal, WOW!!!!!! [flower] [flower] [clappy]

Your fruits and veggies look fabulous!!! Everything is so beautiful and healthy looking, and your greenhouse is so neat and clean looking. Great job, you are a hardworker! [thumb]

-
 -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!!!!!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Results...!| Next thread: Retaining Wall »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: