The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

free seeds from wintersow.com

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: free raised beds| Next thread: Free Trees »
Back to Thread index
by kennyso on October 03, 2006 09:59 AM
Only for US residents (that;'s too bad for us Canadians, eh? http://www.wintersown.org/wseo1/Free_Seeds.html I heard that they give out heriloom tomato seeds!

-
 -

Blessed are the meek, for they shall possess the earth
My Website My Blog
by Rite2u on October 04, 2006 02:04 AM
Hey Kenny,
I got a pack of these this week and there were a mix of tomato seeds in there..I sowed them this morning...Sorry about the U.S. only thing because its a great program..I got 10 packs of different seeds.
Rite

The Write Stuff
by plantqueen on October 04, 2006 03:31 AM
Thanks Kenny! I just got my envelopes all ready to mail off!

-
 -

-

All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.
by joclyn on October 04, 2006 04:40 AM
there's a link on the site for those not living in the us...it just takes you to another page that has info on winter sowing, tho.

for those outside of the us, i'd say you should click on the email link to let them know that the hotlink for the international seed offer isn't working and that you'd like to know what you need to do to participate. [Smile]
by kennyso on October 04, 2006 04:45 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Rite2u:

Sorry about the U.S. only thing because its a great program..I got 10 packs of different seeds.
Rite

Rita, not to worry, no need to be sorry! I already have seeds saved for winter sowing! It's a great site though with all the info.

-
 -

My Website My Blog
by kennyso on October 04, 2006 04:47 AM
quote:
Originally posted by joclyn:
there's a link on the site for those not living in the us...it just takes you to another page that has info on winter sowing, tho.
I saw that link too!

quote:
Originally posted by joclyn:
I'd say you should click on the email link to let them know that the hotlink for the international seed offer isn't working and that you'd like to know what you need to do to participate. [Smile]
Maybe I should! I'm sure that there are other people around the world who want some seeds.

-
 -

My Website My Blog
by LandOfOz on October 17, 2006 02:26 AM
Well, I sent off for my seeds sometime around the beginning of last week and I got them in the mail today!! In addition to a package of mixed tomatoes, I got iris, snapdragon, morning glory, salvia, a wildflower mix, melon, sweet william, and 2 sets I've never heard of swamp milkweed and red cardinal flower. [clappy]

Thanks for the tip on this site, Kenny! I hope that they can get something set up for the non-state bound residents!!

-
Sarah - Zone 5b/6
 -
by tkhooper on October 17, 2006 03:37 AM
Well I'll send out my SASE tomorrow how it is still in effect.

-
 -
by roflol on October 18, 2006 03:42 AM
Got mine today - yay! Packet each of: mixed tomatoes, carnival squash, white salvia, white mallow, mixed iris for naturalizing, pink swamp milkweed, red cardinal flower, northeast wildflower mix, white spider flower. Fun!

Certainly more than I'll use, much will go in swaps I think, certainly worth the 3 stamps and 2 envelopes it cost.

Thanks so much for the post, Kenny!

[thumb]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: free raised beds| Next thread: Free Trees »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: