The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Grapes! - Not sure what to do - Outa control

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Grapes...But what kind?| Next thread: grapes and myrtle »
Back to Thread index
by Bob Runyon on August 05, 2006 02:17 PM
We started some grapes 2 years ago and this year they are going to give us alot of fruit but I am not sure what to do with all this foliage. Should I be trimming some back now or this fall? we have a Net around them because of the birds.

I want to extend this about another 10ft. not to get into the grape business but because they will help hide the air unit and block the westerly sun on the air unit...

Hope you can disiefer the pics that are attached...

-  -
by lakegran on August 07, 2006 01:39 AM
I am so glad to see this question
I cut mine way back 2 years ago,( I saw that the local winery had done this) but the following year we didn't get any grapes to speak of. I left them alone and they are loaded again this year (Concord grapes.) My vines came from a start from some old vines my late mol had for many years.These are about 8 years old. There are always takers for these grapes if I have too many,
I don't mind sharing with the birds, for I still have a little jelly and juice from 2 years ago , when I kept my whole harvest and put up a lot.

[grin]
PS. Your vines are a beautiful and a clever way to shade your AC.

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Grapes...But what kind?| Next thread: grapes and myrtle »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: