The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

out yonder.....

Willy's Place » Wallpaper of the Day
« Prev thread: Out of Control Rubber Plan| Next thread: outdoor azaleas in pots? »
Back to Thread index
by Bill on April 26, 2004 04:49 PM
 -

-

-

[wayey]

- These are Cedar Hill flowers!
by catlover on April 26, 2004 07:12 PM
1st pix....beautifullllll...what is it???
2nd pix.... [dunno]
3rd pix......ahhhhhhhh how cuuuuuuuuuute! I don't get to see any squirrels around my place!!!
Wow he/she let you get close!!!!
[kitty]

-
 -
 -
by Bill on April 26, 2004 07:27 PM
#1 is a Rhododendron named Cheer
#2 is a Skunk Cabbage (Lysichton americanum) growing down in the bogs.
#3 took offense to being called a squirrel, and asked that I let you know that he is a chipmunk. Yes.... he comes very close to me (like on my desk for his daily morning raisins)
[grin]
by catlover on April 26, 2004 07:37 PM
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] I was thinking that later on after I posted....oops AGAIN [Roll Eyes] !!! Please forgive me dear Mr. Chipmunk....(I don't get any chipmunks either)....did you name him???
[kitty]

-
 -
 -
by Bill on April 26, 2004 07:38 PM
"Lil Bit"
by Chrissy on April 26, 2004 08:24 PM
Beautiful photos Bill:) I have never seen skunk cabbage till now, what an interesting looking plant...love it!

-
 -
z5b
by Bill on April 26, 2004 08:36 PM
Since you haven't seen one before, Chrissy...
This Skunk Cabbage's leaves are each about 18 inches long. (some mature plants have much larger leaves.)
This plant is 30-36 inches in diameter. (I have one that is almost 5 feet across)
The flower stands about 15 inches tall... its aroma is the reason for the plants name.
A Skunk Cabbage is definately not a sniffer! [Frown]
by Chrissy on April 26, 2004 08:42 PM
Well if I ever do see one I guess I won't stop to smell it lol [Big Grin] Thanks for the tip Bill [thumb]

-
 -
z5b
by Jillie on April 26, 2004 09:07 PM
I didn't know chipmunks had tails!!! [dunno]

Do they?

-
 -
by Bill on April 26, 2004 09:36 PM
ROFL... yeah, they have tails! [Big Grin]
by plants 'n pots on April 26, 2004 11:48 PM
What a cutie! Though you can have mine also when it's strawberry time - they always take one bite and discard just as the berries ripen! [Mad]

We have skunk cabbage in what is left of the woods behind us - actually part of the new house that's there now...
BOY DOES IT STINK!!! [Frown] (yes the house does too - they weren't supposed to build on the wetlands back there!!! [Mad] ) But I've never actually seen the skunk flower bloom - thanks for sharing, Bill!

-
 -
 - Lynne's knitting journal  -  -  -
"I'm spayed, declawed, and housebound - how's YOUR day going???"
by Bill on April 27, 2004 12:01 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Jillie:
I didn't know chipmunks had tails!!! [dunno]

Do they?

I had to go look, but Disney's Chip and Dale only have tiny little tails....
[dunno] [Roll Eyes] [perplexed]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Out of Control Rubber Plan| Next thread: outdoor azaleas in pots? »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: