The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

tomato plant-speckled leaves

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: tomato plant with yellowing| Next thread: tomato plants »
Back to Thread index
by caspero on July 19, 2006 02:12 PM
hi i,m a first timer on this site so a big hello to all.its also my first attempt at growing anything at 55 but i love it. i have a few veg doing ok but my problem is two tomato plants in a growhouse(weather doesnt permit outside growing here). they seemed to be doing ok and set trusses and i topped them off but a few days ago i noticed goldy coloured spots on the leaves. theyre irregular as if someone splattered gold paint on leaves. i have looked over internet but cannot match it with anything.i have no idea what to do.can anyone identify what is wrong and what i should do.really appreciate any help,thanks,greg
by Deborah L. on July 19, 2006 03:17 PM
If water is on the leaves and the sun hits them, that can cause the spots.
Are the plants damaged or sick in any other way?

-
 -
by johnCT on July 20, 2006 12:34 AM
quote:
Originally posted by caspero:
(weather doesnt permit outside growing here).
Welcome! Just curious....where is "here"?

Very hard to say. Could be the start of some disease, but greenhouse grown tomatoes are usually not as susceptible to most airborne diseases as field grown plants. It's not, however, impossible. Is it happening primarily to the lower leaves? Do the plant stems show any deformities? Have you noticed any pests?

John - Zone 6

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: tomato plant with yellowing| Next thread: tomato plants »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: