The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Tomatoes watering not enough? Corn when to pick?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Tomatoes upstairs| Next thread: Tomatos & wilting. . . »
Back to Thread index
by Naturalhealthrep on July 15, 2006 05:59 PM
I've got tomatoes, bell peppers, green beans, cucumbers in one raised? bed it's a redwood board bed on top of the ground is that raised?
I've got actually three of them, one contains cantelope and squash and the last one contains corn, chives, garlic and supposed to be carrots but they're not growing so I must have used an old pack.

The green beans and cucumbers look like they are on their way out...time to plant more or would they be done for the season?

So the bell pepper leaves are curled inward and I think some of the tomatoes are as well are they not getting enough water perhaps? and when do you pick corn? I've got maybe one that's of a size to pick but I don't know when it's ready and I've read you pick so many days after the hair appears but we didn't note the date because we didn't know that at the time.

I've got some potatoes planted and found one above ground....would it be time to dig for the rest?

I find broccli and squash to be a bit touchy if you get the leaves wet.....so I gather I should try not to get them wet at all....right? I have to hand water everything because there is no system in place, all though hubbie did buy the stuff to do a drip feed...we just haven't had time to put it in yet.
by markr on July 15, 2006 11:12 PM
i pick my corn when the tassles go brown n dry, just peel it back a bit and take a look,
potatoes could be ready, again have a scratch around.
if there not big enough just earth them up.
broccoli n squash, i dont mind if they get wet, it happens when it rains!
and yes you do have raised beds,
just give em plenty of water if you can, best if you can do it late evening though.
i have to water by hand aswell [Eek!] im at it every day while its hot.
at least the weeds aint growing!!

-
Mark
by Naturalhealthrep on July 18, 2006 05:49 PM
markr.....some tassls are brown others are not
i'll check the tatoes too.
stinks watering by hand....we just haven't had a spare moment to put in the drip feed system ...maybe this weekend! providing the herniated disc in my back allows.
thanks!
by markr on July 18, 2006 11:29 PM
sometimes you can feel the kernels through the skin too, but good luck n enjoy

-
Mark

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Tomatoes upstairs| Next thread: Tomatos & wilting. . . »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: