The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

pics of my dying tomatoes--HELP!!!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by chatonnoir on July 13, 2006 06:28 AM
hope this helps thanks guys

Pics of my Tomatoes

Hopefully my picture shows, or I will keep trying. Note: There is a pic of my cucumber leaf, which shows signs of disease spreading.
by weezie13 on July 13, 2006 06:29 AM
Not sure, I couldn't see it...
*and it looked like it was posted right*

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by johnCT on July 13, 2006 06:37 AM
Something wrong with linking to that picture, but I did manage to take a look at it. It's not a very good picture. Maybe you can take a better close up and post it.

John - Zone 6
by chatonnoir on July 13, 2006 06:43 AM
I now have a link to show my pictures. There are (8) pictures of my tomatoes. Please scan through by clicking on the forward arrow. Thanks for your responses.
by PITCREW22A on July 13, 2006 06:57 AM
it looks to me like a nitrogen deficiency or somehow u got blight in them
by badplanter on July 13, 2006 07:12 AM
hmm........this does look like quite the problem..but ill give it a shot--i grow tomatoes regularly, and i've never seen this before. Try snapping some of the branches without any flowers on it-this helps gives the plant that energy it was using on the branches to use it on the plant/fruit itself. Try fertilizing(i use miricle-grow)every other day or 3times a week. How is the soil? maybe the roots arent getting the nutrients it needs. How often do you water? You might have planted everything too close together, causing the roots to gather together or croos each otehr too much. If i think of anything else, i'll post again--hope this helps!

-
 -
 -  - "I don't want no more of army life, gee mom, I wanna go, but they won't let me go, gee mom, I wanna go home!" My PB!
by chatonnoir on July 13, 2006 07:26 AM
thanks badplanter, I cut off the upper limbs, and have sprinkledthem with miracle grow granules. Before I planted anything I tilled the ground laid down a couple of bags of aged manure, mixed in 4 bags of topsoil and stirred it all around. I water every 2-3 days. hopefully they will get better. Thanks for the info.
by LandOfOz on July 13, 2006 11:32 AM
Look underneath the leaf of your cukes--mine are just starting too look like your leaves. You might see little rust colored specks under the leaf. I'm not sure if those little guys are mites, spider mites, itty-bitty aphids or what. A pesticide would probably kill off the last two but I read that pesticides kill off predators of mites and not the mites... So I tried spraying the underside of the leaves with a vigorous blast of water which quickly got rid of the buggers. Now, hopefully they'll stay off!!

-
Sarah - Zone 5b/6
 -
by badplanter on July 13, 2006 11:36 AM
what are the dimensions of your garden...depend ing on that you may have added too much manure/topsoil.

-
 -
 -  - "I don't want no more of army life, gee mom, I wanna go, but they won't let me go, gee mom, I wanna go home!" My PB!
by johnCT on July 13, 2006 03:34 PM
Does not look good. Looks like verticillium wilt to me.

John - Zone 6
by ChristinaC on July 13, 2006 03:36 PM
quote:
Looks like verticillium wilt to me
I agree! Nothing you can do about it now. Your plants will still produce tomatoes and they'll still taste amazing!

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: