The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

update pics

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: update on my pretty yard| Next thread: upper respertory infections »
Back to Thread index
by woodchuck on July 11, 2006 08:25 AM
http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g292/woodchuck_photos/Garden%20July%2010%202006/?sc=6

The tallest sunflower is around 8-1/2feet, over nine if you count the little bend in stalk at ground level.
by Stuspot on July 11, 2006 08:47 AM
Oh your garden is so big and nice!! I just love it. [flower] And you obviously give it great care. Oh, and about that "unidentified" plant....it's just possible that I might know what that plant is. I saw it in a book once. [grin]
by johnCT on July 11, 2006 08:49 AM
Love the sunflowers woodchuck. Love the cannabis even better! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [muggs]

John - Zone 6
by woodchuck on July 11, 2006 09:40 AM
Is that what that is, I just hack it down with the mower or weedwacker and put in the garden as mulch with the other clippings, or in the compost pile.

There is a about a bushel in the noxious weeds burn pile, should be a good time then, yaderhay. [lala] [lala] [angel]
by mater sandwich on July 11, 2006 10:22 AM
Holy 'Smokes'!!!!! [shocked] [shocked] [lala]

Woodchuck....watch out for helicopters and the ATF!

That's to funny! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

You could have put those pictures in the Mystery Plants section.

And it ought to be a good time roasting marshmellows over that fire. [muggs] [Embarrassed] [muggs]

Some days there is more laughter than others....Just depends on what/who you focus on....
by chenno on July 11, 2006 10:48 AM
Very cool!!!love those pics!

-
 -
Painting is silent poetry, and poetry is painting that speaks.
Plutarch
by ChristinaC on July 11, 2006 12:21 PM
quote:
it's just possible that I might know what that plant is. I saw it in a book once.
Yes...I may have come across that too...I'd have to double check to be positive. [lala]

-
 -
by mater sandwich on July 11, 2006 01:42 PM
Woodchuck....I was sitting having dinner and realized that I did not comment on your garden. The rest of the pictures look great. (I just happened to get caught up on 2 of them.)

I wonder what I would do with all that space?

Some days there is more laughter than others....Just depends on what/who you focus on....
by Amigatec on July 11, 2006 02:03 PM
The plant that is unidentified sure looks like Marijuana to me. Not sure if it of 'Smoking Quality', it may be of 'Rope Quality'. Used to see it growing wild in Kansas. We called it Kansas Killer Weed.

I used to smoke a little 'back in the day'.
[grin] [lala]

-
 -
One OS to rule them, one OS to find them:
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Redmond where the shadows lie.
by Amigatec on July 11, 2006 02:11 PM
Sorry I got excited!!!! [nutz] [shocked] [nutz] [angel]

-
 -
One OS to rule them, one OS to find them:
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Redmond where the shadows lie.
by woodchuck on July 11, 2006 03:07 PM
Hey Amigatec, you must have inhaled, the residual effect of self-echo is still present. [perplexed] [perplexed]

This might explain why there are so many small aircraft cruising at slow speeds and low altitudes over my place, only living here for four years, the weeds were over grown for years before we got here, so who knows what was grown here previously.
The DNR goes slow and low in their yellow single engine plane, but the weed(s) are very difficult to see because of the trees and I've kept up on the trimming better this year, not that I'm trying to do anything unscrupulous.
Although when I get done mowing the field area in back I'm always a little [perplexed] myself, hey, anybody know if clover has halucinogenic qualities when inhaled while the mower chops it up for 1-1/2 hours, I see some cool stuff when I'm done mowing back there every week.
by Jiffymouse on July 11, 2006 03:09 PM
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] i fixed it for you pat!

thanks for the laugh folks, haven't seen one of those in YEARS!! and the rest of the garden looks good too [thumb]

was a little educational too, i have folks in the house who have never seen that in it's natural state! [shocked]
by DeeLuzon on July 11, 2006 04:48 PM
that's my idea of the perfect garden (weed included)!! i'm so impressed by the layout that i'm going to start collecting cardboard cartons to use to kill off/prep sod areas to double my enclosed growing area (though, somewhat sadly, i think i'll limit my crops to legal ones). thanks for the inspiration and enjoy your beautiful garden!!

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.
- Oscar Wilde

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: update on my pretty yard| Next thread: upper respertory infections »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: