The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

first fruits of the garden :)

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: First fruits| Next thread: FIRST HUMMER......(Sorta) »
Back to Thread index
by Danno on July 10, 2006 12:49 PM
Today i picked out 4 HUGE cucumbers, about 8-10" long and VERY thick [Smile] Also had me a yellow-squash & zuchini ready to fry up in the pan, check my recipe HERE this is a bomb simple recipe for yellow squash & zuchini!

I got about 16-20 tomatoes that will yeild hopefully in a week or 2 here, and some corn that is about to be picked in a good 1-2 weeks.

My cantaloupes are doing VERY CRAPPY [Frown] I dunno what the deal is, are they REALLY slow growers? I thinkj something maybe eating the young fruit, they only get gumball size then i cant find them again [Frown] that or ethey dont get pollinated good enuff [party]
by lakegran on July 10, 2006 10:50 PM
Good morning danno, I am suffering from cucumber envy [Razz]
I will try your recipe for the zuc today, we have had kind of wierd growing conditions in southern central Mi great for cool weather plants but my tomatoes seem slow to ripen and my cukes and zukes don't want to 'fill' out.
weather man promises a sunny week, so I have my fingers crossed for us Michiganders.

-
by Danno on July 11, 2006 12:07 PM
lol sunny weak?!?!?! Its supposed to be 90 deg. here this weekend!!!! (LOL to all you southerners making fun of me now [Smile] THATS HOT HERE!)

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: First fruits| Next thread: FIRST HUMMER......(Sorta) »
Back to Thread index