The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

snow peas /second planting?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Snow Drops| Next thread: Snow Scenes »
Back to Thread index
by lakegran on June 28, 2006 03:04 AM
This is my gardens second year, I had a nice little crop of snow peas, but am afraid they may be about done ( very few new blossoms )In southern Michigan can I plant them again in late summer? I plan to do this with my spinach as well, both gave me lots of delicious meals this spring and early summer. I think I will have a pretty good year my zucchini are blossoming nicely and my tomatoes are looking great, with a few of the early girl starting to look as though they will be ripening soon. Peppers are starting to blossom, Japanese eggplant looking a little iffy but I am not sure how they are supposed to look. Cucumbers seem slow to start climbing my trellis, but there are a few blossoms and one skinny little baby starting. My grandaughter and I made rhubarb sauce, something new for her and old friend from MY childhood.
A garden is such a wonderful reason to look forward to something new each day.

-
by weezie13 on June 28, 2006 08:12 AM
Lakegran,
Do you have a recipe for that rhubarb sauce?
We have a nice lil'recipe section you could put that into if you do...
*We grow rhubarb here, and always are looking for something extra to do with it..*
My mom does rhubarb jello..
Kinda fun... the strawberry jello gives the tartness of the rhubarb and even trade..

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Rosepetal on June 28, 2006 10:06 AM
lakgran, nice to read your rambling of your garden. [thumb]

Often wondered what it's like to be able to do a garden twice over. I live in a zone where we're glad to get a once over done. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

-
 -
For this "New Year" help me to be kinder and more loving to all around me, I pray.
by Danno on June 28, 2006 10:58 AM
hail there fellow michigander! I dont see why not, i JUST did a batch of pole-type beans planted this last weekend. Theyre already 3-4" tall! growing like weeds lol. From what i understand, snow peas are fast growers too.

BTW: hows your tom plants? (if any) Mine havent fruited yet, but i have flowers after this last weekend so hopefully soon!
by Amigatec on June 28, 2006 01:25 PM
I have 1 rhubarb plant that is not doing well, I live a bit to far south for it to do well. I might be able to grow it.

-
 -
One OS to rule them, one OS to find them:
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Redmond where the shadows lie.
by lakegran on June 28, 2006 03:49 PM
Danno, I am very far south in Michigan and Yes I have a lot of nice green tomatoes, one early girl 'clusster' looks like it is beginning to turn.
Weezie, I will check out the recipe section, always looking for new veggie recipes to use on my South Beach diet.
Rosepetal, Can you see that I am all caught up in this garden experience and am bursting to brag about my little garden.
Amigatee, I 'stole' a little section of rhubarb from my son's garden and it seems to love its new home.

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Snow Drops| Next thread: Snow Scenes »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: