The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

watering frequency for korean grass

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by nritya on August 18, 2005 08:01 PM
I have recently laid a lawn of korean grass in my house I water it in the evenings regularly as i donot have time to do so in the mornings. [Roll Eyes] But the grass has started drying in a lot of areas and when i contacted the horticulturist he said that i have to water it twice a day. [Confused] But that is not possible for me.Is there any other solution or will my whole lawn dry up very soon? [shocked] can anybody help me? [tears]
by thebearswoman on August 19, 2005 07:40 AM
Do you know the soil type? Sandy soils tend to be needed watered more often. I am not to familiar with this type of grass. But, is it a seeded or is it sodded lawn? But, in general the recommendation here is 3/4-1 inch in water per week. Is there maybe a neighbor that would come & water your lawn? Maybe check with an irrigation system that is set on a timer. Good Luck!!
by nritya on August 19, 2005 05:20 PM
The soil is sandy and the lawn is sodded.I donot know much about the irrigation system, but temporarily I have arranged for some help.I have to wait and see.The climate here is quite hot and also I am not sure of the availablity of any timer systems in India.Anyway thanks a lot for you reply.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: