The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

prices

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Preventing Damping-Off Tips...| Next thread: prickly pear »
Back to Thread index
by cynthia21381 on March 07, 2005 06:27 AM
Can anyone give me an estamated guess as to how much a small pick-up truck of top soil would cost me.I live in georgia and we are famous for our red clay dirt,which is what my back yard is completly made of.
by afgreyparrot on March 07, 2005 03:33 PM
Unless someone lives right in your area, I doubt you will get a correct answer here. A DUMP truck load of topsoil (sifted, even) is $120.00 here (S.E. Kentucky), but would probably cost $120,000.00 in California! [Big Grin]

Call your local nurseries. They usually sell topsoil in small quantities. A bobcat bucket full here is about $30.00 from a nursery.

Cindy

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by mike57 on March 07, 2005 11:26 PM
If you could find some where there doing some construction work they might just give you some top soil if you ask them.keeps them from haveing to haul it off.ive gotten some that way.find a place there building a office building or a big company plant.your friend in gardening. mike57 [wayey]

-
No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.
by frustratedattimes on March 09, 2005 02:20 PM
Welcome to trying to garden in Georgia clay. [Eek!] [nutz] I am tilling up my yard for the 3rd time in 3 years, due to the grass keeps dying. I sent a sample to the extension office here in Walton County and found I have absolutly no nitrogen in the soil.
My solution rather than bring in topsoil is this: I am tilling in mulch and creating my own. Most tree trimming companies around here offer free wood chips/mulch if you haul it. It may take a little longer but much cheaper than truck loads of topsoil($120).
Good luck

I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne
http://community.webshots.com/user/johncandy1005
by papito on March 10, 2005 09:59 PM
Our local landscape material supplier charges $33.00 per cubic yard [of top soil], free delivery on order of 2 cubic yards.

1 cubic yard = 27 cubic feet

A bag of 2-cubic feet of top soil cost any where from $3.59-$3.99/bag. One cubic yard of bagged soil will cost about $48.00 to $54.00

-
 -

Amor est vitae essentia.
Love is the essence of life.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Preventing Damping-Off Tips...| Next thread: prickly pear »
Back to Thread index