The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Fall Fling Seed Exchange Pt IV

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
Pages: 1 2 3
by loz on October 30, 2006 12:05 AM
Tammy I hope you feel better, I've had a cold too and it's terrible....I'm just finally feeling a bit better, ended up in my lungs and I still have a bad cough. Rest up--I stayed in bed for the better part of 2 days. [kissies]
by Triss on October 30, 2006 12:39 AM
Checking in here so I do not miss anything.

-
 -
We are all under the same stars... therefore we are never far apart.
by tkhooper on October 30, 2006 02:46 AM
Well I want to say thankyou to everyone I pmed about shipping dates. I should have been keeping track of that information as it was posted but I didn't. And of course having no memory I had to ask. Sorry for the inconvience and thankyou so much for your help everyone.

I'm sorry to hear this is one of those now you see it now you don't colds. Those are the easiest to spread all over. Well I guess that means I'll have to go get some more decongestant. One weeks worth just isn't going to cover it lol. It's great having it along with the toothache. I don't know which one to moan about first lol. I'm such a winer.

Any way I will do my best not to send any germs back with the seeds. And I have my fingers crossed that the Canadian/USA postal services figure out where I live so I get Penny and Kenny's envelopes. If they don't I promise to go sneeze on my guys after all the packages have been delivered and your seeds sent off. Nah, I wouldn't really do that. It was just a passing thought.

Most of the time they do pretty good.

Well it's back to bed for me.

Hope you all stay healthy.

-
 -
by Kratz7 on October 30, 2006 10:29 AM
Hi Tk,

I'm sorry to hear you're under the weather...I hope you feel better soon
maybe a few photos will cheer you.... [Smile]

-  -

Feel better soon,
 -

-

Kratz7 Photos
by tkhooper on October 30, 2006 08:42 PM
Wow what great decorations for holloween. That's one snazzy dollhouse.

Thankyou for the pictures.

Needless to say I'm just hanging around the house today. That is between naps lol.

Take care everyone.

-
 -
by Kratz7 on October 30, 2006 09:10 PM
Feel Better TK,

Have you ever tried Airborne? you cam buy it at Walmart....it's a homeopathic type concoction...I think it works well....when you feel like your getting a cold...or your going to be around alot of germs....
It doesn't taste the best but what "medicine that works" does? You could use it next time you feel yourself getting a cold...too late this time around....sorry

I have a whole bunch of photos of the dollhouse decorated for Halloween and just plain dollhouse photos without the decorations...lol on the photobucket.

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m148/Charlie7_01/Dollhouse/Halloween%20Decorations/

- This is my indoor/Winter hobby...I have plenty things to do to keep me busy...

Take Care of Yourself TK and try to have a great day.....
 -

-

Kratz7 Photos
by Rite2u on October 30, 2006 09:29 PM
Tammy,
I hope you feel better too...I hate being sick...
My seed packet arrived over the weekend...Thank you so much handling the coordination (a heroic effort when your head is clogged and stuffy from a cold)....
Thanks also to all who contributed seeds for the fling..there are so many, I haven't had a chance to go through them all...
Gotta make a list and then come up with a plan for when to sow what, shade vs. full sun, etc....so much to do...smile
Thanks again.. Christmas did come early!

The Write Stuff
by tkhooper on October 31, 2006 12:59 AM
Charlotte,

That is a great room in the dollhouse. I wish my apartment looked that good. When I am feeling better I will definitely take a look at your photobucket link. Thankyou for sending it to me.

Rite2U,

I'm glad you got your seeds. Planning next years garden is always such a great winter pastime. I can't wait to hear about what you come up with.

We may have actually found someplace I can move to next month. They are working on it. I hope it all works out. And by then I should be over the cold and the tooth ache so I'll be in prime shape to pack up and move over lol. And it it happens by the next of november then I'll even be able to put up my christmas decorations this year. I would really like that.

Anyway I've got my fingers crossed. And don't worry if this works out I'll only be moving a couple of blocks and won't even have to pack up the seeds. I'll just move them over in situ and continue stuffing the envelopes. Which is almost as good as stuffing christmas stockings.

You know I think we all have to give Belinda a Hip Hip Hoorah for starting the Fall Flings in the beginning. They are super fun.

-
 -
by tkhooper on October 31, 2006 04:34 AM
Melcon6, Margaret e. Pell, Sibyl, Cindy, Flowering Child and Busy Lady all of your envelopes came in today. I'm afraid I'm not up to doing anything with them today. But as soon as I feel better I'll get them logged in and sorted. Thankyou so much for participating in the Fall Fling.

-
 -
by melcon6 on October 31, 2006 07:16 AM
[thumb] WOW!!!!! That was fast! I'm glad you got so many today, take your time sorting them and get better first! [kissies]

-
 -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CINDY!!!!!!!
by loz on October 31, 2006 09:46 AM
I know I can't wait to see what all I get back....not sure how many packs I sent in, it was either 70 something or 90 something, or somewhere in between! [Big Grin]

Take your time Tammy, can't plant them anytime soon and I want you to rest up and get yourself better. [thumb]
by Bestofour on October 31, 2006 10:31 AM
I got my package today TK. I love the choices you made for me. I loved looking at the seed packets. Some of our Forum people are very talented.

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -
by tkhooper on October 31, 2006 10:15 PM
Your so right Bestofour. We do have very talented people in our forum.

And very hard workers too. So today Sibyl, Flowerchild & Buzylady your envelopes went out in the mail. Of course you all had very small envelopes or I probably couldn't have managed it. I know I'm not up to doing larger amounts yet. But hopefully this cold will pass quickly and the toothache that has decided to join it will also go away. I'm feeling sleep deprived and silly at the same time. So again please forgive me when I don't make any sense at all lol.

-
 -
by tkhooper on October 31, 2006 10:28 PM
Well I had to take the envelopes downstairs so of course I had to look at the garden. Guess what...the cinnamon basil had a bunch of seed pods ready for the picking. So you know I just had to lol. I guess that means that I'll have a bunch to offer for the spring fling as well as this one lol.

Well we have 4 more to come in and then it will just be getting everything out the door. So I figure we are actually way ahead of schedule.

-
 -
by sibyl on October 31, 2006 11:21 PM
Tammy
i think your way ahead of schedule! i remember you saying you hope to get em out by thanksgiving, and people have gotten their packets before halloween! [thumb]

-
 -
by maja24 on November 01, 2006 01:32 AM
Hi Tammy,

When i got home from work your envelop was in the mail! Wow!!!! Really feels like christmas! Have already googled for the names cause some i don't know by their common (American) names.

Tammy, thank you very much for letting me join and making this fling possible by organizing this! [kissies]

And thank to you all for taking part! This is geat! I look foreward to the spring-fling!

Paulien [wavey]

http://home.hetnet.nl/~pvandeburgt/
http://photobucket.com/albums/e344/maja8/?
by tkhooper on November 01, 2006 01:52 AM
I'm so glad the seeds arrived. I also look forward to the spring fling. These are great cyber get togethers and I really enjoy them. I hope the selection of flowers I chose are ones that you will like and that will grow well for you. The seeds you sent in were very popular and have found good homes.

Well it's almost time to go check the mail box. I love that time of day the absolute most while the fling is going on. It's so much fun. Now if I could just talk my good looking mailman into dressing up like santa I'd have it made lol. It's the meds making me say that of course hehehe.

-
 -
by kennyso on November 01, 2006 05:46 AM
Tammy I got my seeds today thank you so much! Great selection, really satisfied with them!

-
 -

Blessed are the meek, for they shall possess the earth
My Website My Blog
by Kratz7 on November 01, 2006 06:17 AM
Hi Tammy,

I just wanted to let you know I got my seeds today.... A HUGE Thank you Tammy!....the selection is wonderful. I'll be busy in the late winter/early spring starting all the new seeds. Then transplanting and taking care of....oops, I'll be busier than normal....We'll all need to rest this Winter......lol

Thanks, also to everyone who contributed to the fall fling.
You are all truly awesome people!

-
Ahhh, memories of Summer.... [Smile]

Happy Gardening,

-

-

Kratz7 Photos
by kennyso on November 01, 2006 10:57 AM
Charlotte, I love your pictures!!! I'm really looking forward to my second package back,if I got such great seeds in my first package, wonder what else I'll get?! Tk you can count me in for the spring swap as well! Time to start collecting stamps again!

-
 -

My Website My Blog
by tkhooper on November 01, 2006 10:10 PM
MELCON6!!!!!!!!!

I forgot to get a list of your seed packets with their numbers on them. So when you get your envelope please make a list for me with the numbers and the types of flowers and pm me. I'm sorry about this. The medicine I've been taking has made me loopy and your the one that got caught in the loop. This is so I can track them if anyone has a question or a problem with their seeds.

Cancolgirl and LandofOz your envelopes are also in the mail. But I remembered to get your seed packets on the inventory. So you don't have to do what Melcon6 does. Boy do I feel dumb lol.

Kennyso, Penny in Ontario I'm still waiting on your packages to come in. Hopefully it won't be to long and then I can ship out the remaining envelopes. Of which there are only a few.

-
 -
by LandOfOz on November 01, 2006 10:28 PM
Thanks for getting the seeds out today, Tammy. Hopefully that cold clears up quickly for you!

-
Sarah - Zone 5b/6
 -
by melcon6 on November 01, 2006 10:29 PM
TAMMY!!!! You weren't supposed to be rushing to send me my seeds!!! You were supposed to be resting up and getting over your cold! [Mad]

I forgive you [kissies] and look forward to getting my surprises! [flower]
I will send you that inventory as soon as I get them.

Maybe it wasn't the medicine or the cold making you loopy, maybe it was fantasizing about the postman being Santa that distracted you, hahaha [Big Grin] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed]

-
 -

by tkhooper on November 01, 2006 11:01 PM
there is a thought. He has the loveliest french accent and the dark wavy hair. He is just so cute. lol

sorry about the goof. I wasn't really hurring but they were easy to fill so I figured why not. lol.

Take care all.

-
 -
by penny in ontario on November 01, 2006 11:10 PM
I hope mine show up for you today Tammy...fingers crossed!!!!

-
 -

-
by sibyl on November 01, 2006 11:36 PM
just popin in to see how things were going.
i see more members got their seeds [thumb] [flower] , so exciting!

-
 -
by penny in ontario on November 02, 2006 12:42 AM
I cant wait to hear that mine made it there....finally!!!

-
 -

-
by buzylady on November 02, 2006 12:53 AM
Tammy, have you gotten my envelope yet? I sent it priority mail on Fri. I also sent my daughter a box priority to Vermont at the same time. She got hers Mon. Surely it doesn't take longer than hers. I'm not so worried as just curious.
DianeB

buzz buzz buzz  -
 -
http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k103/Di_06/
by penny in ontario on November 02, 2006 01:10 AM
Sounds like you are waiting too DianeB.....me too!!

-
 -

-
by sibyl on November 02, 2006 02:02 AM
I GOT MY SEEDS TODAY! TAMMY! [clappy]
 -
your an angel Tammy THANK YOU!
so many diffrent seeds from so many people! [kissies] Thank all of you who sent in seeds! i didnt exspect em this soon! what a surprize!!! got all on my wish list too! [grin]

-
 -
by tkhooper on November 02, 2006 02:52 AM
Buzylady, I got yours a couple of days ago and your exchange is already back in the mail. I'm sorry I thought I had posted that yours arrived. But I've been loopy so I might have just thought I did. I hope you like what I chose for you.

Penny I'm sorry to say that yours and Kennyso's are still amoung the missing. Maybe tomorrow.

For all of you that sent in Aquatic Plants thankyou very much. They were in very short supply and there were many requests.

-
 -
by penny in ontario on November 02, 2006 02:54 AM
[dunno] [thumb] [thumb] Fingers crossed for tomorrow!!!

-
 -

-
by PartyGirl on November 02, 2006 05:39 AM
Tammy,

Sorry you aren't feeling well -- something bad is going around here, too. DD has pneumonia and dh was sniffling last night. (There goes my hole digger for the million bulbs I have to get planted!)

Have you opened my envelope? I tried to put in as many different things as I had, but frankly I have more quantity than variety.

Sorry about the loose seeds that got caught in the plastic....I was getting very bored with the whole operation toward the end. It's a lot of darn W-O-R-K!

Why don't you collect them all in one envelope, send out an envelope of "Cottage Mix" -- just don't send it back to me! hahahaha.

PG
by buzylady on November 02, 2006 06:09 AM
Oh Tammy I glad you got them. And I'll be looking forward to getting mine. I may not have seen the post. I've been painting my bathroom. So haven't been here too much lately.
DianrB

buzz buzz buzz  -
 -
http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k103/Di_06/
by tcmers on November 02, 2006 06:10 AM
[clappy] [clappy] I got it! I got it! [clappy] [clappy]
Tammy you did an absolutely wonderful job! I love the selection you sent. You are very very good at this, and so far ahead of schedule..... Would you have any interest in coming to work with me? I have a ton of deadlines I could use some help on. lol!
Thank you again! and to all who participated and sent in seeds! [flower]
by tkhooper on November 02, 2006 06:32 AM
Hi PartyGirl, I have 84 seed packets choosen for your envelope so I still have some to go. But I'm getting there. At this point the problem is trying not to double up on any seeds. Sometimes I don't see where I've already put something in a packet and then the person gets several of something lol. It's actually easy to get confused lol. But I think you will be happy with what I have for you. I'm hoping so anyway. As soon as I get kenny and penny's envelopes in I'll be able to finish yours and send it out. Shouldn't be to long now.

Hey Buzylady, Hopefully you will see yours sometime this week. Good Luck with the painting.

Hello tcmers, I'm so glad that you like what I chose for you. It's been a lot of fun doing it. Although I needed a boost occassionally. It can get scary where you have all those seeds spread out all over lol.

Here's to hoping that cute little mailman brings me Kenny & Penny's seed tomorrow.

-
 -
by penny in ontario on November 02, 2006 06:50 AM
[thumb] [thumb] I am hoping too Tammy!!!
I cant wait to hear some news!

-
 -

-
by Bestofour on November 02, 2006 07:59 AM
Sibyl, do you make all your seed packets?

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -
by kennyso on November 02, 2006 08:47 AM
Crossing my fingers Tammy, might be a bit late to say this, but...you can send me multiple packets of the same thing to me, I can always share them with my teachers abd people around the block!

-
 -

My Website My Blog
by floweringchild on November 02, 2006 09:54 AM
Hi tk! [wavey]
I'm sorry you have been sick lately. I sure hope you start feeling better soon. I can't believe you are handling the seed fall fling with you feeling so badly but it sure does sound like you are doing a terrific job! Wow! I'm impressed! Anyway, I'm looking so forward to receiving my seed envelope, I can hardly wait. Feels like Christmas! I'll let you know when I get it. And thanks again, hope you feel better real soon!

-
 -
by PartyGirl on November 02, 2006 12:33 PM
Darn it!!! I told you in the note NOT to bother with sending me 1:1. I sent extras from my garden and that's all they were -- extras! Anything you send back will be a bonus, please don't spend any extra time on it -- doubles won't kill me, and neither will it if you're a couple dozen short! Believe me, I have a LOT of seed and virtually no experience growing from seed except marigolds. Love sprinkling out those marigold seeds every spring! LOL! In any case, whatever you send will make me happy. Or it will show up in the next swap. LOL!

However if you find out Kenny sent some Celosias that look like brains or upside-down pizza slices, I want 'em! (He had a swap offer on Celosias a while back is the reason I say this, but they might have been the feather-kind.)

Take care!

PG
by melcon6 on November 02, 2006 08:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by tkhooper:
Melcon6, Margaret e. Pell, Sibyl, Cindy, Flowering Child and Busy Lady all of your envelopes came in today. I'm afraid I'm not up to doing anything with them today. But as soon as I feel better I'll get them logged in and sorted. Thankyou so much for participating in the Fall Fling.
I found this at the bottom of page 1 , Fall Fling Part IV, just so Tammy doesn't think she's losing it or dreaming of the postman so much! [Big Grin] Now you've got me dreaming of your postman! [Big Grin] [Embarrassed]

-
 -

by tkhooper on November 02, 2006 09:18 PM
lol @ Melcon6 Way to go rofl.

Hey PartyGirl, I'm afraid I'm just one of those people. Unless I have a definite number to send back you get the same as you give lol. Decisions just aren't my forte. One for one is simple and that's pretty much me, very very simple. Sorry if you got a little overwhelmed. But I'm sure they will be good trade material. And you can always do what I do and haunt the newbie room and send packages of seed to newbies or gardeners that have moved and are starting over or gardeners that have had reversals. There is always a way to find good homes for seeds.

Hi Floweringchild, I'm sure it won't take long at all for yours to arrive. I hope you like my choices. And thankyou again for participating.

Good Morning Kenny & Penny, I've got my fingers crossed. If not today I may have to tackle my good looking mailman and ask him what is up with the mail. It's a good excuse don't you think?

Take care everyone and have a good day.

-
 -
by penny in ontario on November 02, 2006 09:54 PM
Go easy on him Tammy [kissies] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

-
 -

-
by sibyl on November 02, 2006 10:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Bestofour:
Sibyl, do you make all your seed packets?
yep! i dont have a printer/coypier yet. [Embarrassed] [Wink] so i made my own.

-
 -
by sibyl on November 03, 2006 12:06 AM
sheri
i got a pack of your black holly hocks! ive always wanted black ones, didnt think to add em on my wish list, Tammy must know how to read my mind!
i dont know who sent the bamboo and palm tree seeds, but i cant wait to see if i can get em to grow!

-
 -
by bibee on November 03, 2006 12:57 AM
Hi Tammy

[Cool] Got my seeds today. And want to say thank you
for all the hard work u are doing. And I want to thank everyone who gave seeds. I am gonna enjoy
all my seeds. Now I am gonna go crazy tring to
find places for all of them. [perplexed]

Sheri
I sent some palm tree seeds if u want more
let me know I have over 500 seeds.

Angela

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i118/bibee1990/
by penny in ontario on November 03, 2006 02:34 AM
Checking in Tammy to see if you have gotten my envelope today??????

-
 -

-
by floweringchild on November 03, 2006 02:50 AM
Hi Tammy, [wavey]
Got my envelopes of seeds today! Thanks bunches, [kissies] they are really great!

Triss, your seed envelope is so cute. [flower] I want to make them too. Will you share your templet?

And Sibyl, I love your seed envelopes as well. [flower] So cute. How original! I'm envious.

Hey yall, anyone have planting instructions for Cleomes seeds?

Rec'd seeds for palm trees, what species are they, from bibee.

Thanks again Tammy. Hope you are feeling better.

-
 -
by bibee on November 03, 2006 02:56 AM
Some one said it was a jelly palm. Go to my photobucket and take a look at them.

Angela

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i118/bibee1990/

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: